Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

headlamp and general parts sourcing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlamp and general parts sourcing.....

I'm fairly new here, so I hope I can learn from you regular guys experience. I'm sure you know the drill, don't stock it, dealer item only etc. from the local parts house. Well, my headlamp is out on my 81 GS 450 E and I'd like to find one locally instead of ordering one. I found a part bulb on ebay that says it replaces an H4 HB2 bulb. Can anyone tell me if that's a generic that might fit my housing? Or is my bike old enough to have a sealed beam and needs a whole new headlamp? Daylight lights are the rule here and I got pull over this morning for not putting my feet down at a stop, so I want to live within the law at least for a few days. On a general note is there a tech page that has sources for common parts that I might need other than headlamp? I appreciate the help and knowledge of the forum, thanks from a newbie old guy.

Hi,

Have you taken out your headlight to see if it has a replaceable bulb? My bike uses an H4 bulb but the parts fiche on your bike wasn't exactly clear, although it looked like it might be a sealed beam. If so, you can buy an aftermarket H4 headlight kit. I use the Sylvania SilverStar H4 bulbs in mine.

You'll find lots of vendors and tips in your "mega-welcome" (you bookmarked it, right?). If not, just go to my website and click the READ ME link. There you will also find some instructional guides and other information in the "Odd and Ends" sections. I know that it's kind of heavy on the 850 stuff (that's what I ride) but there's plenty of stuff that also pertains to your bike. You might even find a manual and a wiring diagram there.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
    X