Brake lite adj. '81 gs850g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake lite adj. '81 gs850g

Is there an adjustment on the brake m/c that I can't find? I really have to squeeze to get a light. Thanks

front or rear? rear is adjustable, front isnt
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Yes, it is. Loosen the tiny screws that hold the switch on, slide the switch back and forth until it comes on properly. If you end up removing the switch to clean it out inside, don't lose any tiny parts. Loosen the master cylinder bolts and swing it upside down so the switch is on top, or take it apart in a plastic bag over the whole thing. Doing it over a clean floor will help you find the little buggers that escape too.
      Once it's back together slide it back and forth until it comes on at just the right time, then tighten the screws.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        Yes, it is. Loosen the tiny screws that hold the switch on, slide the switch back and forth until it comes on properly. If you end up removing the switch to clean it out inside, don't lose any tiny parts. Loosen the master cylinder bolts and swing it upside down so the switch is on top, or take it apart in a plastic bag over the whole thing. Doing it over a clean floor will help you find the little buggers that escape too.
        Once it's back together slide it back and forth until it comes on at just the right time, then tighten the screws.
        I managed to drop the contact and spring but,fortunately, I recovered them. You are correct sir. The switch plate itself has elongated holes which allow for adjustment. Cleaned it all up while I was in there. Working like a charm---thanks

Comment

Working...
        X