Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsx750es by gregos

time to begin the restoration .

6 months since i bought this rusted bike .

alot of work ahead...

stripping the fairings

a lot of work ahead....

14 in' CCTV

last owners masterpiece.

Comment

tail section

this week is planned to take the engine out and hopefully apart ....

now few questions:

i have quite a dilema about rear wheel and swingarm size.
      bandit 1200 parts with 180\55\17 weel or 150\70\17 ( supermoto wheel)
      the front wheel is gonna be 120\70\17 ?

engine rebulid, what is the most popular engine modifycation? newer carbs? gixxer cams? big bore?
      i want to preserve the engine flexibility and reability but make it bit stronger with "open breath". the exhaut system will be custom made.

thanks for your comments and tips .

to be continued.

greg
      Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2010, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Unless you change the rear swingarm you'll struggle to get more than 170 in there... that's what I have on a 5.5" GSXR wheel.
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

the stock swinger barely handles 140 tire.

i plan to install bandit1250 swinger & wheel .

bit worried about chain lining etc...

my second option is to install 600katana swinger & supermoto wheels

does anybody have link to any oem parts shop in europe?
          cant find parts here , and in september i will be in holland and england, hope to find there some engine parts and gaskets.

thanks
          greg
          Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Looks like some familiar stuff there.Doing a very similar bike on this side of the world.If anything mines a little more rusty in some places.Looks like someone was watching to much American Choppers.Have fun with it,I am with mine.

Comment

had a little progress today.

unfortunetley my compression gauge didnt fit the plug thread , so the engine work is postponed .

home made can ( peace of $^%t)

Comment

today is extremly hot ( 40 c and 75% humidity) .
                its allmost impossible to be outside air conditioned room .
                will continue soon .

* still looking for a shop to order oem/nos parts ( gaskets, clutch...) in europe .
                if you know such shop ' please send me a link

thanks
                greg

Comment

Originally posted by gregos View Post
                  * still looking for a shop to order oem/nos parts ( gaskets, clutch...) in europe .
                  if you know such shop ' please send me a link
                  These are the best guys in the UK for old Zook parts. The online shop doesn't cover a 10th of what they've got so it's best to email them.

Welcome to Robinsons Foundry, your one-stop for all your motorcycling needs. Full range of new & used motorcycles for sale in Kent + Servicing, MOTs, Suzuki Parts & Accessories.
                  79 GS1000S
                  79 GS1000S (another one)
                  80 GSX750
                  80 GS550
                  80 CB650 cafe racer
                  75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                  75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

lol I did the tank.

I actually make wire figures: click here for an example

I've been trying to think of something like that which would allow me to mix my art and my bike.

Just to run with the topic above...I wouldn't put a 180 on that engine unless you plan to add another 40lbs of torque somehow or another. 160 is best...170 would be as big as I could ever justify going. Big heavy spinning things have a lot of effect on a bike's handling...you'll be hampering the one advantage the 750 has on it's bigger stablemates with fat, heavy tires.

Comment

i decided to stay with stock swingarm but replace the wheels to a supermoto ( excel) 120/70/17 - 140/70-17

thanks for the link

Comment

Good luck with the project! It's always interested (and occasionally demoralized - look'n at your amazing build here jwhelan!) to see these GS750E/S/F projects. And Makenzie, nice work, can you make one with a guy doing a headspin on a bearing of some sort?

Anyone recognize the turn signals on the front fairing brace? That is about what I'd like to replace my really shabby OEM ones with.

/\/\ac
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2010, 05:19 PM.

Comment

the turn signals are oem suzuki from early 90's .

you can find them allmost on any model of that era - gs500, gsx600\750f , gixxers , dr's...

Comment

Originally posted by gregos View Post
                            i decided to stay with stock swingarm but replace the wheels to a supermoto ( excel) 120/70/17 - 140/70-17

thanks for the link
                            A 160/60/17 on a 4.5 inch rim will fit in the stock arm, that is what is on my '83 es.
                            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
                              lol I did the tank.

I actually make wire figures: click here for an example

I've been trying to think of something like that which would allow me to mix my art and my bike.

Just to run with the topic above...I wouldn't put a 180 on that engine unless you plan to add another 40lbs of torque somehow or another. 160 is best...170 would be as big as I could ever justify going. Big heavy spinning things have a lot of effect on a bike's handling...you'll be hampering the one advantage the 750 has on it's bigger stablemates with fat, heavy tires.
                              Huh? The '89 gsxr 1100 17x4.5 wheel with a 160/60 dunlop roadsmart (excellent tires btw) on my '83 is lighter than the stock wheel and tire was.
                              Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Working...
                              X