Anyone in the South need weekend help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in the South need weekend help?

I am in Greenville, Mississippi for the month of August, meaning there is NOTHING to do on the weekends.

Areas within a 150-mile radius include:
    virtually all of Mississippi that is north of Hattiesburg,
    northeastern Louisiana, including Shreveport and Alexandria,
    central/southeastern Arkansas, up to the Little Rock area,
    and the western tip of Tennessee.

If you don't need any help wrenching, that's OK, too, I'm happy to just socialize.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Have a safe trip my friend, we will see you when you get back....btw, if you'll be home, BRP trip sept 17-21 with our friends from OZ. I will need some help mapping that out, so keep in touch !

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      Have a safe trip my friend, we will see you when you get back....btw, if you'll be home, BRP trip sept 17-21 with our friends from OZ. I will need some help mapping that out, so keep in touch !
      Josh, what do you mean our friends from OZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
        Josh, what do you mean our friends from OZ.
        That'd be Deb and that idiot she married .

Cheers , the idiot .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Originally posted by simon kuether View Post
          That'd be Deb and that idiot she married .

Cheers , the idiot .
          OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Simon

Comment

Welcome to the black hole of the U.S. Steve. I lived in Columbus, MS for 10 years and that was 10 years too long.
            -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
            DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
            -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

What a shame... one of the smart GS'ers and nothing for you to wrench on... Maybe a sign at the local gas station would get you a little work on something with 2 wheels... I hope something pops up...
              Curt
              sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Originally posted by IanC View Post
                Welcome to the black hole of the U.S. Steve. I lived in Columbus, MS for 10 years and that was 10 years too long.
                I know what you mean. I was here about 2 years ago and was not impressed then, either.

That time, I had my Wing with me. I went for a ride to find some interesting roads. I did a 387 mile ride one Saturday, only about 25 of those miles were worth the trip.

sigpic
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Why not find a dead GS locally and restore it?
                  Sounds like you will have the time.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    I know what you mean. I was here about 2 years ago and was not impressed then, either.

That time, I had my Wing with me. I went for a ride to find some interesting roads. I did a 387 mile ride one Saturday, only about 25 of those miles were worth the trip.

The 'curves' in MS are mostly highway on/off ramps. It's horrible. Flat, straight nothingness. Not even any great scenery. Feel free to travel further north and stop in to say hi. I have great roads/scenery and a big couch.
                    -1978 Suzuki GS1000EC
                    DONE!!! Rebuild thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=155564
                    -2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Comment

Originally posted by IanC View Post
                      Feel free to travel further north and stop in to say hi. I have great roads/scenery and a big couch.
                      Thanks for the offer, Ian, but it's about 550 miles to come say "Hi".

I know you have good roads there, I have been on a few of them.

If I was on the bike this time, I might consider it, but I left all my bikes at home this time.

I was just getting ready to this up to the top, so thanks for doing it for me.

sigpic
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        If I was on the bike this time, I might consider it, but I left all my bikes at home this time.
                        !?!?!? Are you feeling OK?
                        Dogma
                        --
                        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                        '80 GS850 GLT
                        '80 GS1000 GT
                        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                          !?!?!? Are you feeling OK?
                          Feeling fine, thanks.

Just don't have the Wing put back together from its escapades in Flori-duh, and couldn't pack everything I needed to bring on Junior (I usually tow a trailer behind the Wing to carry it all). Besides, Junior only has a few miles on from RRR. Not sure I am confident enough yet to trust him for a full month as my sole transportation ... 700 miles from home.

sigpic
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride

Comment

Bad escapades in the Sunshine State?
                            1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                            1983 GS 1100 G
                            2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                            2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                            1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
                              Bad escapades in the Sunshine State?
                              I believe the answer to that is an unqualified "yes".

I did not realize that the back of the hotel where I was staying tended to form a wind tunnel that funneled enough air to blow my Wing off the side stand.
                              Yep, completely over, onto the right side.

I have all the parts necessary to restore it back to its usual good looks, but some of them need to be sent out to have some pinstriping done.
                              I need to remove the damaged panels from the bike for proper color matching, and I just did not have enough time to do all that before I left home.

By the way, this little scenario happened THREE TIMES
                              before I finally started parking the bike between the trailer and the van,
                              and using a ratchet strap to anchor it to the trailer.

sigpic
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                              X