82 GS1000SZ Kat - FINISHED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS1000SZ Kat - FINISHED

Here it is. Every nut and bolt has been replaced or restored on a 8900 mile bike. I need to synch the carbs and test the electrics. Aint she a beauty?

Originally posted by bbutler455 View Post
    Aint she a beauty?
    Why the question mark ? Obvious that thing is MINT ! You've out done yourself. Is that new paint ?
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Awesome job man!

Comment

Yea, it is nice; pull it outside and get some nice pics to post

Comment

Are you goin to ride it?
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Looks great. I like the Yosh pipe. G.

Comment

Maaann! that is beautiful. You have done a great job.

Comment

A beauty indeed.
                Nice work, bbutler.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Time machine quality.......nice job

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                    Why the question mark ? Obvious that thing is MINT ! You've out done yourself. Is that new paint ?
                    This has all original body and paint. No repaint. There a few very small touch-up spots on the side cases and front fender.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                      Are you goin to ride it?
                      Abso-damn-lutely! All vehicles should be ridden or they stop being want they were built to be. As Jay Leno says "Restore... drive and enjoy... restore again."

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giablo View Post
                        Looks great. I like the Yosh pipe. G.
                        I wrestled with whether to replace the pipes. I believe the Yoshi pipes make the bike MORE original. NOBODY kept the factory pipes. And it looks so much better with these pipes. Notice how Yoshimira matched the lines of the frame?

Comment

If you'd be willing to say I'd love to know what a full resto like that set you back. Phenomenal job.

Comment

Was never a fan when these came out, but man have they grown on me. Nice ride.

Comment

Absolutely drop-dead gorgeous, great job!! That's a definite BOM

Please create a picture album, I'd sure like to see more...

Comment

Working...
                              X