first ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first ride

Well I took the new bike out - took a week to get it where I'd ride it.

can drive through the clutch at will 3 red springs 3 black. STIFF LEVER ugh but the engine is very peppy! ferociously peppy!

broke the chain and had to push while wife hitched a ride home to get the truck and ramp.

I call it the biker excersize program. run it out of gas and push. break some thing - and push. or just shut it off and push a mile or 2. you get in shape faster than those biggest losers.

haha off with the cheap chain and on with a NEW EK 630

I'll put the lock up on and start again. as I learn more I'll post more.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Hey Trip...
    You broke a chain? Wow... So when are you going to the track again? I suggest Thursday as the guys and I from the dealership are going... Will you have the lockup installed by then? I am going to go up 4 teeth to see if I can break into the 10's. If I have time, slide up the fork tubes... Its tough with the fairing in the way... Let em know what you are doing Thursday...
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

I called the dealership last week you're always so busy

I got it together and am dealing with fuel leaking at the pingle mount plate. gonna use a innertube as a gasket.

this thing needs some testing but I'll race ya heads up for bag of doritos.

I'll be there if possible - the guys at redline have started going now every week . I'm taking a break cause of what I'm spending on parts is taking it all away from entry fees.

dude when things go from bad to worse.... nothing money can't fix though.

I'm in love with my new bike... yep monkey and motorcycle just like hand in glove.

no tach no shift light no muffler no license no problem I'll shift by sound or just after I see ELVIS which ever comes last.

Comment

who is this racer?

Comment

Hey, I've seen that yellow bike before! It used to run 8.50s when my buddy Larry owned it! Ray.

Comment

It is faster now. I love it!, worth every mile I drove to get it. but the thing is a 460# pig there is another racer up here that has a similar combination and his weighs #380- he is in the 7's

trac frame or something lighter might be on the shopping list soon.

I got the other bike to make the "pro street" index classes 10:50 9:50 8:90
            these flakes think they are racers -- on DOT tires

man stupid people in large numbers are dangerous.

the 8:90 class averages a 9:20 #1 qualifier haha

Comment

I was there last night... Too hot.. made 4 runs 11.1 the best.. need a little cooler air and drop the front... I have a problem with 1 cylinder still intermittent. I will be up by you on Sunday to see the new ride... lets hope..
              Curt

Comment

I'm here just call. working on a chain guard -- couldn't pass tech so I stayed home working in the furnace mosquito den of a garage

Comment

You need a giant fan to blow them basterds out of there... We will see how hot the weather is on Sunday...

Or you could go boating?
                  Curt
                  Last edited by bellucci; 08-13-2010, 11:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

ok I had to make a 2 battery box for the 24 volt starting system

I used a fancy boot box that the 'ol lady had in the garage . The stripes made me think of something that is wild at heart. litthe smash glass and some resin- took twice what I expected. probably 10~12 OZ resin and most of my MEK. bam!! custom plastic box in just a couple hours.

ready to ride but there is tornado warnigns going on.

starts real nice now but there has to be a way to wire it so I may charge either battery at a time while riding. charging both at once with 1 stator and R.R. the way it is , can't be done.

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post

ok I had to make a 2 battery box for the 24 volt starting system

I used a fancy boot box that the 'ol lady had in the garage . The stripes made me think of something that is wild at heart. litthe smash glass and some resin- took twice what I expected. probably 10~12 OZ resin and most of my MEK. bam!! custom plastic box in just a couple hours.

ready to ride but there is tornado warnigns going on.

starts real nice now but there has to be a way to wire it so I may charge either battery at a time while riding. charging both at once with 1 stator and R.R. the way it is , can't be done.
                      dudeeeeeeee...
                      when did you buy the 86 1150?
                      it was for sale for weeks semi locally.

Comment

long story

it was in Gooch 's bike shop in TN. guess they put all kinds of goodies on this fire breathing dragon. Owner of the bike never payed. So it sat for years in the back.Couple months ago- traded for a yzf 750 to a guy in IN - out from underneath me , I might add. Well 2~ 3 weeks go by and it's up for sale in indy craigs list again!. I call the new guy and offer the gsxr 1100-- nope nope can't do it. ok then another week goes by he calls me back- you bring me the gsxr I'll do it. straight across I drive there and deliver..

those boys had no idea what they had...

they practly gave it away. poor little 12V starter had them thinking it was crapped out.

sombtich TONS up with a quickness. (that means it exceeds 100mph rapidly)

Comment

the "lap top " mechanics are sad.
                          they are clueless if they have to turn more than a screw driver to do anything.
                          anybody can buy a large CC fuel injected bike and go fast but if they actually have to do any kind of performance work with there hands...they are screwed.

GOOD CATCH on the 1150!

Comment

lobe centers were set at 92 intake and 97 exhaust. DUDE!

I re set them to 102/102 just for now... I may take more overlap out of it.

Comment

are you trying to artificiality bump up the cranking pressure with the 102/102.
                              107/109 is my friend and i'm a big en

your original numbers may have been ok for an insert bearing aka GSXR/bandit type engines.
                              i used hi 90's/low 100's on those.
                              Last edited by blowerbike; 08-22-2010, 12:48 AM. Reason: shebop

Comment

Working...
                              X