Gs300l lawnmower:d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs300l lawnmower:d

I know that i have been talking about this rebuild for EVER now... the motor from the 1983 GS300LD is finished and i have all the parts to make it run. All i have to do now is install the engine in the frame and make it run. My frame doesn't have a title though and it will be a pain to get one. I decided that i was going to use this engine in a gokart type thing.. I found that i can get a craftsman riding lawnmower frame and body for pretty cheap So, im going to set everything up with the stock harness and ignition. I'll leave the pipes short as well for a cool sounding... lawnmower, and modify the fiberglass body with louvers to direct airflow to the motor for cooling. Any tips or ideas? should i ground things to the block, or the lawntractor frame? also, if i get an electronic tach, will it be wired into the Signal generator under the engine cover on the right side of the motor?

Ill keep you guys updated,
    KT
    Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2010, 01:36 AM.

Will it get enough cooling under there?...

Comment

Please don't cut up a good exhaust system for this !

Comment

oh no, i have the D model exhaust with the removable mufflers it should be awesome. There will be plenty of airflow to the engine with the air scoops on the fiberglass hood. I might get all jazzy and install a radiator fan or something.

Comment

Well remembering you are 14 I say its a great project and might be better suited for the John Deer paint scheme than rednecks plan for his 450.

You could of course just try to get a cheap frame with a title and keep it on two wheels.

Comment

thats the thing about a new frame though is that i cant really spend any more money on this. Im broke as it is and im also in debt after buy all the parts to get that death machine of a KZ1000 running also, just clarifying, im 15 now I think im going to put the headers on upside down so they stick out the top of the fiberglass hood. I might keep the steering wheel and just clamp on a lever for the clutch. Or, i could just keep the foot pedals and do handlebars instead of a wheel. All i know is it will have gauges, lights, and better wheels, tires, and brakes for higher speeds. IM GONNA DRIVE THIS TO SCHOOL!! My shop teacher will have a heart attack

Comment

Sounds like a very cool project! Be sure to post some pictures. You can Google 'garden tractor pulling' for some ideas too.

Comment

Ahh 15, my bad

Go for it, and post lots of pictures. Do you have any of the KZ up?

Comment

here is a barebones schematic for a 550 bobber that you could adapt for your cart. Check the componenet list most of that you will probably need.

It is a 550 schematic because I litterally took the OE schematic componenets from the 550 manual.

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

Sorry guys, its been a while since i posted anything. Im at school right now and youtube is blocked so i cannot give you the link to my KZ1000 until i get home. Since i put all the money into the 300 already, i decided i was just going to build it as a motorcycle and not use the motor in the cart. However, i got a 1976 KZ400D3 engine donated to me with the coil and all the electronics ill post lots of pics and im keeping the riding lawnmower idea. Ill keep you guys posted!

Comment

Working...
                    X