my summer vacation - blue ridge parkway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my summer vacation - blue ridge parkway

i don't want to bore you with endless pics of our trip but there are these two that i really need to show. i'm afraid this wasn't really a bike trip but my minivan is extra long and easily carried a gz250 and our camping gear.

so once we arrived at home base (Shenandoah nat'l park and mt. pisgah rec. area) we unloaded and went riding.

that's my wife taking in the scenery with her gz.

riding the blue ridge parkway was a high point of this season for me. there were all sorts of bikes there too. i saw aprilia, ducati, beamers. bikes i rarely see near home in western new york, i guess cuz we po' folk round here. the on/off road dual sport suzuki drz was fairly popular there. i was talking with a guy who rode a honda shadow 750, very nice shafty cruiser. and of course the place was lousy w/ harleys which were annoyingly loud while we were camping.

we covered most of the b.r.p's more than 500 mile length and had a great time although the brakes in my van got smokin hot more than once.

i've decided to try and do the entire parkway on a bike, maybe next year. has anyone done that?
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

official scoot parking near the swimming hole at campground in mt. rogers national recreation area:

i've never seen this before in a state or national park. it was actually the closest parking to the lake.

Comment

Sweet! This is just getting me more excited about the Roo Rally.

Any trouble with traffic?
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
        Sweet! This is just getting me more excited about the Roo Rally.

Any trouble with traffic?
        I-40 in the smokies had construction related traffic jams but the scenery is so nice who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway_Glider
          Roo Rally?

I am planning on doing the Shenandoah this fall. Would I be in the "Roo RallY?

Roo Rally?

DP
          Looky here
          Dogma
          --
          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
          '80 GS850 GLT
          '80 GS1000 GT
          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
          X