Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 GS750E Project Bike

This is what I am starting with:

It needs some work but I am going to fix it over the winter.

Last edited by Guest; 09-05-2010, 03:03 PM.

I need to sandblast and paint the headers.
    0Suzuki%20GS750E/145.jpg[/IMG]50E/137.jpg[/IMG]

Need to fix the fairing.

Comment

Needs new glass on speedo.

Comment

Nice bike to build from. They are a good all around machine and the engines will take alot of abuse for a plain bearing crank. My 700 has been flogged hard and still runs like new.

Comment

So that's your bike.Nice starting point.They are really nice bikes to ride when they are sorted out.Have fun with it and good luck.

Comment

Once some of my parts arrive (thanks SVSooke), I will get started. I also just ordered the "O" rings and stainless bolt kit from http://www.cycleorings.com/intake.html

Once these arrive I will finish cleaning the carbs and hopefully get it fired up and see if it actually runs! In the meantime, I need to change the oil and get some new sparkplugs. I might need a new battery. The PO gave me a fairly new one he had, but it overflowed while in the bike so it might be toast.

I found this bike on my local Kijijii in Kingston. I really like the colour and may paint mine red, although I may go metallic candy apple.

Comment

Good Bikes I love my Frankenbike, my USD forks are being rebuilt right now, hope to have pics next wk of back rolling.
              Keep on it, can't wait to see it finished

Comment

Nice project, I see you're a Bills fan, I'm from Buffalo...I feel your pain lol.

Have you considered ceramic coating the exhaust after sand blasting? I've heard good things about it.

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Nice bike!

I also picked up a '83 750 a few weeks ago and will be working on it through the winter... I'll be following your build!

Comment

I haven't started my rebuild yet, too much other stuff to do, not enough time - yet! I want it done by spring so I better get started soon.

Comment

Update on my project:

I needed a lot of parts so I bought a parts bike:

It's another 1983 GS750E with only 5400 kms on it

Brand new tires

Look at the motor and carbs

Comment

More Pics

Comment

My original white one will now become the parts bike for this one!!!

Comment

So now I have a stock pipe and a supertrapp, not sure which will go on but more the likely the Supertrapp will. I have all the parts that are missing from the burgandy one already on the white one. I think once I am done, I will part out what's left. I also have title for both.

Comment

Working...
                              X