gs 650 g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 650 g

I just acquired a 1982 Suzuki GS650G and I was wondering if the parts from a 1982 Suzuki GS1100GL will fit? Can anyone help here? Thank you

I was tinkering with the idea of taking the 1100 front end and putting it on the 650 with pull back bars. But mostly I was thinking about the Gas tank, the carbs, exhaust and the electrically items like the stator and the rectifier. Problem is the 1100 is in Texas and I live in Washington DC so I was thinking I would strip off the parts next time I am down there encase I need to put them on the 650 that I should have by then here in DC. I blew the whole side out of the 1100 motor. So the motor is shot but I hope I can use at least some parts.

Comment

Russell, I too have an 82 650G. I can tell you that the exhaust won't fit at all. The tank, carbs, and electrical MIGHT but don't hold me to it. Any 7/8in bars will fit your bike. If you haven't gotten it already, here is the number to Baltimore Cycle Salvage 410-233-7090. Dean, the guy who own's the place, is VERY knowledgeable about old bikes. He can answer any questions you might have.

Comment

Working...
      X