• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just crashed in pa

On my way to North Carolina now I'm stuck

First ... ARE YOU OK???

Second, how bad is the bike?

Third, if someone in the area is able to help you out, will you be able to continue on your trip?

Oh ... and Fourth, where in PA?

I suspect some of the area GSR folk may be able to help, if the bike is fixable and you are ok to continue travelling...

Regards,

Comment

Bike would be ridable but the starter cover plate came off and there are some disconnections I need to keep going.

Comment

The STARTER plate came off? That's an unusual piece to be damaged or caught in a crash ... do you perhaps mean the STATOR cover? That would be a much more likely part to be damaged if the bike went down...

Also, please provide all the relevant details as to where you are/how you are, etc, because then you're more likely to get a response from somebody close by.

One more suggestion, try posting a request for assistance in the "Off Topic" area, since a more varied group tends to visit that area on any given day. I would entitle it, "Need Immediate Assistance Out On The Road, Please!" If you don't have access to the area yet (as a new member) let me know and I'll post for you and link back to this thread...

Regards,
        Last edited by Guest; 09-24-2010, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Indicate what model bike too along with what town you're stuck in. Then if someone responds you can PM them you're cell # to work out details.

Comment

When you get it here... call me... we can go back over the bike at my place while your here.
            I have or can get enough parts to keep you running.

I pm'd you my number earlier.

Comment

For anyone inclined to respond to this thread ... Carmine started a similar one in the Off Topic area (hoping more people would see it) and there is an ongoing effort to help him out in that thread (posted below)...

Regards,
              Steve

Comment

Where in PA are you at?
                1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
                The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

It was the Scranton area Snark. He was able to get the bike repaired and back on the road the same day.

Comment

Working...
                  X