• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct 2010

Now it is October.

Nice E brought back to life.

Congrats Randy.

Last edited by Redman; 10-03-2010, 09:59 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

It is a nice bike and a great story behind it. I guess it just goes to show that a no so pristine daily rider can be BoM.

Comment

I like it! The fast blue, 1100e and I feel your pain with winter comming on. Love the story.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

she's super clean i love it!!

Comment

The Flying Couch thanks yu, GSResources

I lucked into this bike in more ways than one.
          Even with Dial-up being the only thing up here (at the end of the road), GSResources was able to guide me on so many of my peculier questions.
          Bikes make an excellent basement winter project where cars are just too damn big.(And seem to take years and years)
          The big cube GS's, For very few clams can stomp most sporty cars and when you do, you know they wish they were you.
          Future changes and refinments to this bike are; seat cover, SS brake lines, possible rotor/caliper up-grades, steering damper ...a few perty peices...i'm at a loss right now, oh ya a stater up-grade to handle at least another 100-200 watts of headlights, i realy realy realy like the scortched path in front of me. At night at 160kmh ya want a hell of a lot of light, I'm especialy partial to two bullets at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock(That black hole you are heading into, all too quickly!)
          A new front tire should settle the "Push" 'n wobble leaving the last chicken Strips behind.
          i'm enjoying this bike, it was Nicknamed "The Flying Couch" at some juncture and that suites me fine.
          Thanks
          Roo.

Comment

very nice looking ride, well done!

Comment

15 minutes

thanks for a great month to bask in the sun a bit.
              My head is about 3 times its normal size.
              here:
              The snow line is about half way down the mountains now, the rain rattles on the roof. its getting time to put it all away and work up one of the scattered projects, left in a heap, like it'll assemble itself.
              Saterday the clouds opened for just long enough for the roads to dry out. Took the old girl for a pounding knowing we'd both be greatful, It was just a short trist but it felt real good.
              I won't neglect this one over the winter, I gots' some plans!
              I've become convinced the '83 decals will look right, the seat cover can be a custom(slimmer), not going to paint the wheels, gonna replace the brake lines, change out the air filter and tires. Hopefully that takes me all winter.
              Then i'm going to take her out, in spring and ...

Hey, did I tell ya about all the cops? oh... maybe another time...
              Thanks

Comment

Randy,

I love your bike, it is a beautiful blue. I have a 82 GS1100 in the candy red. I was wondering about your exhaust on the bike. I would like to do the same exhaust and was wondering what year and model, manufacturer it was from? Looks similar to one of a 1150. Did you have issues with the jetting of your carbs? Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
                Jason

Comment

The crack pipe

Hi Jason
                  The pipe is a Kerker pipe, the previous owner/doner had a scrape that took the lettering/logo off the can, the two holes.
                  I'd think the 4 into 1 woulld be made to work on quite a few bikes as thier isn't much to them.
                  I had fallen into exhaust bolt hell and was forced to drill out a few of them. I replaced them with studs and nuts which made way more sense in the end, look better too.
                  Supertrap had swallowed up Kerker in 1991 and are resurecting the mark so the pipes should be available through them.(Insane rip-off prices though)
                  They may give the re-jet information when you purchase, i don't know. Mine seem to be super sweet and perform well. After a good cleaning of the carbs the decompression crackle was gone as has the lopsided excelleration and crappy idle. Once warm it idles and starts out quite civilized but spank it and it opens up, noise-wise, but hey at that point i'm just hang'n on and can't hear it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X