need a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a little help

Hey guys, its been a while since I last posted. In the time between my last post I had to lay my '82 GS650GL down. I want to rebuild it but i may be in over my head. My main focus is the front end my forks are twisted. any advice on trying to rebuild it, good parts stores, or any help at all would be great. The total damage is crank case cover on the left side is shatered (the engine guard caved in on it) left rear blinker gone, forks bent to the left, front fender bent, mirrors gone, left frame cover gone, and im sure the list will grow. any advice would be sweet, I'll also pour through the forums and the other sites for help. have a good one.

Thanks for your service, lets see if we can't get you some help as a small measure of our appreciation.

I would first put together your list and post it in the parts wanted. I don't have any 650 parts but are you looking to upgrade anything?

'82 GS650GL parts
    • front end my forks
    • L crank case cover
    • L engine guard
    • L rear blinker
    • front fender
    • L mirrors
    • L frame cover

I would focus on getting a complete list together especially anything needed to get the engine running so you can go over that.

Good Luck.

Jim

Comment

I hope it's only the bike damaged , old mate .

Cheers , Simon .

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

what i need to try to get the engine running. (I think) is just the stator cover. then i"ll put some oil in the bike and see if it turns over. i found one on ebay and im talking with nathan about the front end he is selling.
        me and my girlfriend were on the bike both wearing leathers and helmets. I had road rash on the left side of my body (knee, forarm, and hand). my girlfriend had a little road rash on her right knee and got nine stiches in her right hand. Thank god for helmets and good gear. I shaved 1/4 inch of the front of my full faced helmet. its been about a month since the wreck but we're both doing good, and cant wait to get it rebuilt and running again.

Comment

I have straight forks for a 650L, L crank case cover, front fender, maybe mirrors and blinkers.
          PM me if you still need them.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

front end

does anybody know if a 550 L front end will fit on my 650GL

Comment

Before spending any money on parts, you should determine if the frame is straight. No sense spending money if the frame is bent.

Comment

Working...
              X