Squamish Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squamish Run

This is a nice twisty from Vancouver to Squamish BC. I have posted a youtube video that condenses the ride down to a few minutes. I think some may like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbHGHA6rIIo
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

awesome video gotta get me a helmet cam

Comment

Wow, great video. Really brings back memories of my misspent youth of the early to mid '70s when our Sunday morning ritual was a rather quick ride to Whistler and back. No traffic back then like there is now and Whistler was a sleepy little town. It's still great ride though and the scenery is still spectacular. I moved away in '79 and we drove it last summer for the first time since then, unfortunately it loses something when you're in a truck and camper.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Great video, thanks.

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Nicely edited. How many cameras did you have rolling at any given time?
          Dogma
          --
          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
          '80 GS850 GLT
          '80 GS1000 GT
          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

looks like a good time great roads up here
            You got to love the Northwest
            cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
              Nicely edited. How many cameras did you have rolling at any given time?
              I had some serious camera issues. Too much vibration I think for the record heads on the sony even with it foam mounted. Will be needing some new kit for next season. I ran a mini DV sony up front under fairing, SD helmet cam firing backwards (couldn't use footage, too crappy) insert footage is my iPhone (dash, shifting, headshots)
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Hey... what's with the cars passing? Did you pick the song before making the vid so you could pass that car back?

I like seeing the "fin".
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I shoot all the footage then pic the sound track. At that point in the road it was 80kph limit. Good place to get nicked. Those two cars came flying up behind me. If you look carefully on the right you will catch the radar readout sign flashing as I aproach it. Not for me but for them. They were doing about 25mph more than me. Where I passed them back the limit is back to 90kph and no places for sneaky boys and girls to hide. 30 over up here as of July 1st is an immediate suspension of license and confiscation of your vehicle.
                  KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Fair enough. I got nicked just past Squamish back in 88' on my 1100ET. I was doing 125kph, at night and he was waiting on the east end of town. I wrote some silly letter to the Ministry of Transportation and never payed the ticket. No issues from it, crossing the border.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Nice video Rob.

There is snow on the ground here in Ontario.

I think I will miss Vancouver.

chris
                      1983 750 Katana
                      1982 750 Katana (parts use)
                      1983 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by mottyl View Post
                        Nice video Rob.

There is snow on the ground here in Ontario.

I think I will miss Vancouver.

chris
                        We are being told we may get some this weekend but for now its still "RIDE ON"
                        I have put a few hundred K's on this week. (sorry)
                        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                        X