Post Your Race/Track bike Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Your Race/Track bike Pics!

I'd like to see some pics of your race and track bikes! GS or whatever!
    I'll get mine up here too, not the prettiest thing, but the track's no place for prissy.
    Bill
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Here are my 2 track / race bikes , yellow one is a 99 SV 650,which I sold this past summer to build a new one a 06 636 kawasaki. and the Blue/grey is a 85 EX500 kawasaki. I also do some track days on the ZRX

1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Ex500!

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
      the Blue/grey is a 85 EX500 kawasaki.
      So cool! My 1st was an EX500, what class do your race it in, and what's it like to race it?
      Thanks! Bill
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

I just love an ugly bike

1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Well it hasn't sold yet, so it's still mine...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Tough act to follow, but…

I'm a track day wannabe, and this is my track day bike-mostly ready for next summer. But I'm still riding it and don't wanna stop now to paint it. You can see my thrifty side sliders on there. The bike came already scarred up from P-O's so no worry to keep it pretty.

Comment

I was doing track days and this was my bike. I did the paint myself as the year before I had done all the track prep work.

But I sold it two weeks after this photo. I decided to get out of track days for now.

Comment

The track bike @ Mid-Ohio I think (after the rebuild...crashing sucks):

Track day at Cayuga (I believe this was taken about 4 laps before the contact/crash with the yellow bike):

Comment

Contact? = crash?
                  Man...I would have been p****ed!
                  I know how I felt after getting nerfed in my full bodied stockcar coming out of a corner on an oval track causing me in the end to flip my car side over side a couple of times. Not too pleased with the other guy.

Originally posted by Motocrossx23 View Post
                  Track day at Cayuga (I believe this was taken about 4 laps before the contact/crash with the yellow bike):

Comment

'04 VFR800 At Gingerman, August '10:

'94 KTM 620 also at Gingerman, same day:

IBA# 24077
                    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

We both entered a corner together but he came in way too hot and took my inside line, when he realized he wasn't going to apex the corner right he panicked and stood up...directly into my rear tire. The rest was a 60mph mess of kitty litter and bike parts.

We both walked away pretty much okay though, I had some select words with him and he ended up admitting to his mistake. It happens, it's why I have a dedicated track bike.

The aftermath:

Last edited by Guest; 10-24-2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

This was my GPz900R powered speedway rig, earlier on I had Z900 and GS1000 powered chairs, but they died.......

Did a few race track laps on the old CBR in road configuration and it went surprisingly well

This picture shows why it is safer to ride on the track than the road, this was the result of a man+bike+sheep meeting on a blind corner.....

Comment

What is that?

Originally posted by KiwiGS View Post
                          This was my GPz900R powered speedway rig, earlier on I had Z900 and GS1000 powered chairs, but they died.......

Did that guy ever let go? He must have had a few before he tried to take your bike away.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                            So cool! My 1st was an EX500, what class do your race it in, and what's it like to race it?
                            Thanks! Bill
                            I race it in production twins at NHMS, and it is alot of fun to ride but it is really like riding a wet noodle in the corners compared to the SV , Not super fast but I think the faster I get [or got ] riding it the better it made me while riding the SV because to make up lap times you have to learn to carry more corner speed as the bike does not pull all that hard. so smoother makes you faster. Also I can run it in a vintage class I have been told . Have not done that yet.
                            1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                            80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                            1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                            83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                            85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                            1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                            “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                            If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiGS
                              Did a few race track laps on the old CBR in road configuration and it went surprisingly well

This picture shows why it is safer to ride on the track than the road, this was the result of a man+bike+sheep meeting on a blind corner.....
                              Jesus, that would have been entertaining yet so paintful to see. I've got such a soft spot for CBRs in me.

Comment

Working...
                              X