Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thank you fellow gs'ers.. here she is....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you fellow gs'ers.. here she is....

my 1982 gs1100ez after a complete satin black paint job, carb rebuild, new "green"coils w/ relay mod, partial rewiring and new turn signals, rear fender cut down, shorter handle bars, front master cylinder rebuild, lots and lots of cleaning and degreasing!! she's on the road and running good!! time to turn to the suspension now though....

good looking bike, and i like those turn signals!

Comment

Looks great! How long that did the whole project take you?

Comment

took about 3 months.. 2 all nighters a week.. lots of headaches but got them unscrambled one at a time. after my first 20 miles i see a whole new set of things to work on. brakes and suspension need love

Comment

just took a few more..

Comment

Looks sleek.
            I love flat black..

Comment

the tank.. should i leave the cap bare metal or lack it out like the rest of the bike??

Comment

Originally posted by Leigh View Post
                Looks sleek.
                I love flat black..

thanks leigh!! i'm gonna wrap up the exhaust just like ur pic pretty soon...

Comment

Originally posted by jhicok View Post
                  thanks leigh!! i'm gonna wrap up the exhaust just like ur pic pretty soon...
                  nice looking bike, but.........i think you need to rework the rear of the seat and forget the exhaust wrap. just my opinion
                  1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

just took a few more..
                    Love that train headlight.

Gonna try some lower handlebars?

Comment

agemax- i do plan on getting the seat recovered with something that doesnt look like a couch cushion. the PO was an older guy who had it set up like a cruiser.

mriddle- yes to the lower bars. the bars i have on there are lower than the one's that came stock by about 2.5 inches. i'm afraid the stock gauge cluster will look ridiculous if i go to low on the bars. the train light is probably staying

Comment

That brass on the gas cap polishes up very nicely & would be a great contrast to the flat black. Also, your gas cap is installed backwards. Turn it 180 degrees & reinstall. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                          nice looking bike, but.........i think you need to rework the rear of the seat and forget the exhaust wrap. just my opinion
                          I agree...black chrome the exhaust or just use hi temp on it. The wrap, to me, looks unfinished.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudeman View Post
                            I agree...black chrome the exhaust or just use hi temp on it. The wrap, to me, looks unfinished.
                            That's the idea of exhaust wrap.
                            Well, to me anyway.
                            It gives the bike a bit of a backyard look.
                            Which is where all the cafe racers and bobbers were done.
                            The polished up show ponies look good but the bike is done in flat black.
                            There are low bars and a reshaped seat coming.

If I was on this path, I would black out the wheels with a red stripe around the rim.
                            Then run white wrap on the pipes out to a pair of shotguns.
                            One either side.
                            Bar ends in black.
                            Swap out the stock instruments for a round pair of speedo/tacho combination.

Give it that 50s stocker/hot rod look.

Yeah, I love that big headlight too.

Comment

agemax- i do plan on getting the seat recovered with something that doesnt look like a couch cushion. the PO was an older guy who had it set up like a cruiser.

mriddle- yes to the lower bars. the bars i have on there are lower than the one's that came stock by about 2.5 inches. i'm afraid the stock gauge cluster will look ridiculous if i go to low on the bars. the train light is probably staying
                              I think those bars ARE the stockers. They're supposed to be a compromise between the standard-style "farm plow" bars and low-rise sport or superbike bars. I've known several owners who swapped them out for superbike bars and they looked fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X