Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motorcyclist special at Carter Caves State Park (Kentucky)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcyclist special at Carter Caves State Park (Kentucky)

Just wanted to share with everyone a special that we are doing at Carter Caves Resort State Park. The park is offering a lodge room with breakfast for two for $69.95 ($59.95 for a single) if you are traveling on your bike.

Carter Caves is about half way between Mt Sterling and Ashland just north off of I-64 in Olive Hill, Kentucky . For those of you that have been to the Red River Rally in Kentucky near Natural Bridge Resort State Park, this area offers some similar riding. The park manager (also a rider) has even put together a few suggested routes around the park. It's a great time to be riding in this area with the fall foliage and after your ride you can always go on a cave tour at the park!

Just thought I would let everyone know about it - if it turns out to be successful, we will be extending this to many other Kentucky State Parks. There is even talk of putting together a rally-type package connecting four or five state parks in the eastern (read hilly, twisty roads) part of the state.

If you would like more information, feel free to send me a PM, or check out the link below, or you can call the park directly at 800-325-0059.

Thanks!
    Ryan

Sounds like a GREAT idea!

Daniel

Comment

That IS great idea! I wish TN would do something like this. It'd be a great way to bring some 2 wheeled tourists into the state.
      Willie
      Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
      '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
      '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
      '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Arkansas has had some brochures at their welcome centers that have motorcycle-based vacation suggestions, along with several routes and hotel suggestions. At least one of them is put out by the Chamber of Commerce in one of the northern towns (I don't remember the name right now), and it all looks rather interesting.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

West Virginia has been putting out appeals to motorcyclists for years. It makes a lot of sense. Your Carter Cave event sounds yummy. I wish I were close enough to participate.
          Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
          80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Orginal post was made late in the riding season and was wondering if it was going to continue thru the '11 riding season?
            Sounds interesting

Comment

Carter Caves

I'm not sure but I will check with the park and see. Normally this would be for spring and fall only since summer gets pretty busy for them. But they may offer it for a slightly higher price for summer. I will let you know as soon as I find out...

Comment

Working...
              X