Stock exhaust differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock exhaust differences

Just wondering if there are differences between the years and models of the 450. I am looking for a good solid 2 into 2 exhaust for my wifes new bike. She doesn't like the look of a 2 into 1 and wants to keep it looking more like stock. So do other 450 exhaust for other model or years work on a 81 GS450L?

TDC

Hmmm

I don't think there were any differences. You interested in selling the 2-1 system??? PM me...

Scott

Comment

Dang. You beat me to it. If it doesn't go through, I have a good stock 1980 GS450L exhaust. It's a 2 into 2. I would be happy to trade exhausts plus a little cash if necessary.

Comment

I don't have the 2 into 1. The stock system has rotted out and I'm looking for a replacement. Either OEM or aftermarket. You looking to sell those pipes outright?

TDC

Comment

TDC,

I don't have an answer for you but I think the only problem would the rear hanger connection. They should mount to the engine fine. The E,L and T are listed as different part #'s. If I can help you with a picture or measurments of the rear attachment let me know. I have a 2 to 1 on my E now but still have the 2 to 2 in the attic (want to keep it).

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

My suggestion is to have a look at various after market ones (2 into 1 or 2 into 2) and see the model fitment.

That would be the best way to see if there's any differences between an E/S, T, or L other than style.

If the same after market fits all models, then they all *should* be interchangeable.

I suspect the 80 - 82 will be ok, but up to 79 and from 83 onwards may be different.
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by TDC View Post
              I don't have the 2 into 1. The stock system has rotted out and I'm looking for a replacement. Either OEM or aftermarket. You looking to sell those pipes outright?

TDC
              I might sell it. The only damage on the exhaust is that there is a dent on the left header pipe. Otherwise, it's in good shape. PM me with an offer.

Comment

Working...
              X