Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Marving Exhaust dealer

MonsterParts.com

They don't carry them regularly, but they can order anything you want from Marving, including sets for older bikes. They sent me some quotes for my 82 GS550L, a little pricier then MAC but not to bad depending on what you want. They quote me $450 for the standard 4-1, and $370 for the racing model, not including shipping.

Thanks

Been looking for a US dealer.
    80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

The import of pipes is not easy (legally). We'd looked at importing Marving pipes a few years ago and opted not to.

Pipes being imported for bikes 1977 or earlier are easy - they are exempt from any major import regulations. We import a few pipes from Japan today - but they are for 1973-76 Kawasaki Z1's.

1978 or later pipes are supposed to adhere to the DOT/EPA standards. Most pipes being imported today are brought in under a 'not for street us' classification. However, anyone selling pipes like this ending up on a street bike runs the risk of serious fines. Dynojet was nailed a couple of years ago with a $1,000,000.00 fine by CARB for selling jet kits under the 'not for street use' guise - that didn't stand up in court - esp. when some of the kits were going on 1800cc bloated cruisers...

Imports are coming under much more scrutiny these days. More and more goods are getting impounded, destroyed or returned.

If you want to research some of this, here's one start point into the spaghetti mess of regulations...

Comment

Yeah, I know importing stuff is a pain in rear. I'd found a place in England selling them, but the shipping and importing regulations were a pain. I finally found this place. It's in the US, and the pains of importing are all thiers. I havn't used them for a Marving yet, maybe this spring. I probably won't ever import something myself, but if I can find a store to take care of the hassle for me then I'm game. There's just not many options for decent 4-1's available now. All I've been able to find is Mac's, and I hear bad things about them.

Comment

I got a Marshall deeptone 4into1 for my 650 and it was a major pain in the a**. Once I found out about all the hassle in getting it into the states I ordered 2 sets. I was thinking I would keep one on the bike and keep one brand new in the box in case I ever needed to replace it. From the time I placed the order and did the paperwork it took 4 months before I had them on my doorstep. But all in all, it was worth it.. I loves them pipes.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.saunders View Post
            The import of pipes is not easy (legally). We'd looked at importing Marving pipes a few years ago and opted not to.

Pipes being imported for bikes 1977 or earlier are easy - they are exempt from any major import regulations. We import a few pipes from Japan today - but they are for 1973-76 Kawasaki Z1's.

1978 or later pipes are supposed to adhere to the DOT/EPA standards. Most pipes being imported today are brought in under a 'not for street us' classification. However, anyone selling pipes like this ending up on a street bike runs the risk of serious fines. Dynojet was nailed a couple of years ago with a $1,000,000.00 fine by CARB for selling jet kits under the 'not for street use' guise - that didn't stand up in court - esp. when some of the kits were going on 1800cc bloated cruisers...

Imports are coming under much more scrutiny these days. More and more goods are getting impounded, destroyed or returned.

If you want to research some of this, here's one start point into the spaghetti mess of regulations...
            http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text....1.2.6&idno=40

Off topic but I had to say your 73 Z1 is Badass!!!..

Comment

I've just finished installing an OEM replica full Marving system on my CB1100F. The quality was good and the guys at Monster Parts were fantastic.
              In my case they didn't have the full system in stock, so it had to be order, manufactured and then shipped. Total time to arrive to my door around 45 days.
              I'm very pleased with the final result and service. I'm not affiliated in any way, shape or form with Monster parts.
              Gaucho

Comment

Originally posted by Gaucho View Post
                I've just finished installing an OEM replica full Marving system on my CB1100F. The quality was good and the guys at Monster Parts were fantastic.
                In my case they didn't have the full system in stock, so it had to be order, manufactured and then shipped. Total time to arrive to my door around 45 days.
                I'm very pleased with the final result and service. I'm not affiliated in any way, shape or form with Monster parts.
                Gaucho
                How much did it cost you Goucho, and what exact part number(s) did you order?
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I just tried to order one for my 1000G from the UK, but they said they cant get one for the G, im sure they used to have them?

Comment

Originally posted by Do Little View Post
                    Yeah, I know importing stuff is a pain in rear. I'd found a place in England selling them, but the shipping and importing regulations were a pain. I finally found this place. It's in the US, and the pains of importing are all thiers. I havn't used them for a Marving yet, maybe this spring. I probably won't ever import something myself, but if I can find a store to take care of the hassle for me then I'm game. There's just not many options for decent 4-1's available now. All I've been able to find is Mac's, and I hear bad things about them.
                    Before I bought my 1000EN I had a negative opinion of MAC pipes too. My EN came with a MAC 4-into-1. I have to say it looks a lot nicer than I imagined it would prior to actually seeing one in person. It's relatively new so I'll have to reserve final judgement until it's been in service for an appreciable length of time but so far so good. I have yet to get cracking dialing in the jetting but that too is another aspect, performance, that I'll base my final opinion on. I will say though that the quality of the chrome is as good as that on my Yoshimura race pipe that, after 31 years has seen better days.

There is also the Vance and Hines pipe too. Those are worth a look.

Good luck in your search.

Comment

Working...
                    X