Any MotoGP fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any MotoGP fans?

Love it, download every practice and qualifying session, not to mention races via torrents because I love Eurosport but live in California.

I am semi-retired from being a pro photographer and shot the 2008 USGP on credential and have a ton of shots here

Any other MotoGP nutters?

Congrats to #99!

i love it, been to see it 3 times now and my house is full of Rossi stuff. we also get emails and signed pics from Bradley Smith in the 125's
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Yeah I like my MotoGP, although I must admit there's been a few races this year where I've turned it off in boredom... Moto2 has been far more entertaining.

However, Portugal was an eye opener on those first few laps!

I'm a Rossi and Stoner fan... I know that's weird going for both, but I started watching just as Rossi was starting in 500's and have watched Stoner since the 125's and 250's, and of course he's an Aussie.

I do like Rossi's head games, especially those he played with Biaggi and Gibernau back in the day. He always had them beat before they even started the sighting lap...

I'm hoping the factory changes next year bring back some excitement...

And of course I wanna see Stoner stop falling off and start whipping Pedrosa like he should be, and of course I expect to see Rossi come out swinging on that Ducati.
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

How good was Marquez in the Estoril 125 race? Came from the back of the grid after he dropped his bike on the sighting lap.....hurried repairs in pit lane....new fairing....back out to line up at the back and then whipped the lot of them in 9 laps.

The kid has got some talent.
        Current:
        Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
        VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
        And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Originally posted by littleroot View Post
          Love it, download every practice and qualifying session, not to mention races via torrents because I love Eurosport but live in California.

I am semi-retired from being a pro photographer and shot the 2008 USGP on credential and have a ton of shots here

Any other MotoGP nutters?

Congrats to #99!
          Bob, how could you retire from a job that allowed you such great access to the track?
          Excellent shots.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            i love it, been to see it 3 times now and my house is full of Rossi stuff. we also get emails and signed pics from Bradley Smith in the 125's
            Very cool! I hear he is going Moto2 next year? (I still need to watch the 125 from Portugal!)

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              Bob, how could you retire from a job that allowed you such great access to the track?
              Excellent shots.

Thanks, but nobody wants to pay decent money for pictures anymore! I still work all the major autoracing events there. And I do have a client lined up for 2011 for MotoGP but I did last year, too, and they failed to get a credential - MotoGP is very tough on electronic media. Now the MotoGP race at Laguna is a vacation for friends and family - we have fun and stay in the RV park.

Comment

I love MotoGP, even have the app on my iPhone so I can watch it when I'm at work! I like Stoner & Hayden, not just because I ride a Ducati, I think they are both great riders. Lately though I have really enjoyed seeing Lorenzo beating Rossi, especially as they are both on the same equipment, no excuses there!

Comment

stoner falls off every race weekend, lorenzo is on a better bike than rossi cuz they wont give him any upgrades. wait and see when rossi is in red
                  1978 GS1085.

Comment

stoner falls off every race weekend, lorenzo is on a better bike than rossi cuz they wont give him any upgrades. wait and see when rossi is in red
                    I hope Rossi will do well in red. I doubt Yamaha is holding anything back. It would hurt them more than help, and not just on the race track

Comment

Originally posted by littleroot View Post
                      I hope Rossi will do well in red. I doubt Yamaha is holding anything back. It would hurt them more than help, and not just on the race track
                      they have lost their best rider, their main sponser and their best mechanic crew ever. they aint gonna do rossi any favours
                      1978 GS1085.

Comment

they have lost their best rider, their main sponser and their best mechanic crew ever. they aint gonna do rossi any favours
                        I'm saying it would not be worth the bad PR. That is why he can test next week, too. Rossi already said everything is fine, the same. You think he is lying?

Comment

Perhaps you've heard -- there are two MotoGP races in the US now...

Get to Indy for a MotoGP. It's a fantastic experience, and one hell of a lot more fan-friendly than Laguna Seca.
                          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
                            Perhaps you've heard -- there are two MotoGP races in the US now...

Get to Indy for a MotoGP. It's a fantastic experience, and one hell of a lot more fan-friendly than Laguna Seca.
                            I photographed the 500 in 2006. Not really inspired to go back. The MotoGP looks like a good time, though. Would love to see the other two classes and the Saturday night flat track!

Comment

Was it me or did Lorenzo give the "twisting the knife" motion as he crossed the line in Portugal? Love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X