2011 goal lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 goal lists

I have all my 2010 information from the events I have attended last summer. I am just getting my gas and travel expenses all added up as well as the parts I used to make the magic alll happen. Making a good list of what we did and what it took to do, is something I think is a great tool to anticipate what next year may have in store. Making a clear path of where we were and where we are going has been well spent homework time for me and my wife.

I was just in the garage and I became a little overwhelmed and confused so I came inside to get my head in order. Looking at 3 bikes and a hauler that all need a little work makes it tough to stay focused and productive. With more than one thing going on at a time a fellow needs a plan and a process so every minute of shop time is not wasted.

Instead of just updating my spiral notebook I thought I'd make a internet log and jot down here what I put in my plan book. I have 3 or 4 of them and they are dirty greasy and somewhat secret.

I don't have a long list but I do have a couple thoughts .maybe you guys do too.

1. I am going to get this car tire bike in the winner circle.

2. I am going to get my engine to 2 step lower than 4800 rpm and make it bottom bulb better-- slower Vehicle Reaction Time

3. Fix the hauler so it is reliable/comfortable

4. better camping gear.

KEEPING IT SIMPLE much more to follow

maybe you have a list like this one???

later, trip
    Last edited by trippivot; 11-16-2010, 10:25 PM. Reason: simplified the list.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Nice post Trip. Let's see, what are my plans for this next year:

Replace the shocks/springs/chain/sprockets/fuse block on the bike
    Fix up an old Sears riding mower I got for free
    Get back to work on turning the front end of my horse trailer into a living quarters
    Other small things around the house.

The horse trailer is a project I started in 2007 but stopped when my girlfriend moved in since I made a dresser for her and a bunkbed for the girls. I thought I could use one of my sheds as my workshop but it is too hot and too closed in (don't have an air cleaner) to do much. But I want to get it going again since there are so many rides I want to do in this area and I like the idea of having the trailer available if I don't want to pitch the tent.
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Goal for 2011, to get my new pro mod bike to run atleast 4.20s or better in the 1/8 @ 170mph....

Comment

finish the 1100....

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
          2. I am going to get my engine to 2 step lower than 4800 rpm and make it bottom bulb better-- slower Vehicle Reaction Time
          Good luck....When I bought the drag bike from Joe...he said, "Good luck going green..."
          I didn't understand at the time, but I do now....
          I tried to get that bike's RT down every season, every which way...finally just ran Pro .400 class...
          And then they canceled that class, so I don't know what I would do now....
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

11 is over and I did what I set out to do

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
            I have all my 2010 information from the events I have attended last summer. I am just getting my gas and travel expenses all added up as well as the parts I used to make the magic alll happen. Making a good list of what we did and what it took to do, is something I think is a great tool to anticipate what next year may have in store. Making a clear path of where we were and where we are going has been well spent homework time for me and my wife.

I was just in the garage and I became a little overwhelmed and confused so I came inside to get my head in order. Looking at 3 bikes and a hauler that all need a little work makes it tough to stay focused and productive. With more than one thing going on at a time a fellow needs a plan and a process so every minute of shop time is not wasted.

Instead of just updating my spiral notebook I thought I'd make a internet log and jot down here what I put in my plan book. I have 3 or 4 of them and they are dirty greasy and somewhat secret.

I don't have a long list but I do have a couple thoughts .maybe you guys do too.

1. I am going to get this car tire bike in the winner circle.

3. Fix the hauler so it is reliable/comfortable

4. better camping gear.

KEEPING IT SIMPLE much more to follow

maybe you have a list like this one???

later, trip
            November 10 2010 I was in a funk about buying a fast bike and going on a 2 year losing streak. I lost for every weird reason you can imagine ,while going faster than I ever have from a standing start. I have learned things about bikes with car parts that I have never imagined before! I had to change things from the very start to make it ride the way I felt comfortable doing. BUT!!! I think I am about at the very end of fixing each and EVERY DETAIL top to bottom - from bow to stern - front to back -side to side I have changed every bearing- spacer - torque tubes- created new frame supports - battery box - foot rests- controls- brakes - chain guard -- chain alignment - steering stops -
            I MEAN EVERYTHING - MECHANICAL on my bike has been done over new as possible with my approval.

(now for new paint the yellow is getting tedious 2012)

hmmm... as far as 2011 goal achievement
            I did get better camping gear - propane cooker

I did get the bike into the winner circle- a couple of times! heck! I got the bike into the championship circle

I sold the little van and got a more powerful truck to haul with next year.

and changing from 44 mega trons going back to 36mm RS junkers--I can 2 step at 3750 if I choose to. I threw a spacer into the clutch for air gap to slow down the " slider stall hit" for bottom bulb-ing

I got into the 8's with a smaller head . smaller cams - bonus cool

anybody else got something going for 2012?
            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Working...
            X