Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nov BOM

David,
    That is one beautiful 82 E! Thanks for sharing, and you're right - you have one heck of a wife to do that for you!
    Scott
    1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
    1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
    1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
    2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
    sigpic

Originally posted by gs scott View Post
    David,
    That is one beautiful 82 E! Thanks for sharing, and you're right - you have one heck of a wife to do that for you!

Thank you, she is good to me.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Very nice bike. I would check the plugs though, it looks like it's running pretty lean with the blue header. I'm just across the way in San Antonio. Watch the Meetingplace area for threads on rides in the hill country out past Bandera.

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
        Thank you, she is good to me.
        Hey Wacky, love the bike! For the fairing, did you go with a smaller headlight or modify the fairing? Looks good!
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

What a beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
            Hey Wacky, love the bike! For the fairing, did you go with a smaller headlight or modify the fairing? Looks good!
            Thank you,
            Actually the fairing is a Wes Cooley replica that was available in '83 but that company went out of business, I bought mine from a guy who calls himself "Dude" who owns a company called Nationals Fiberglass, he makes them himself and they are made for the train light. This is a link to a posting I made in the "Tips and Tricks" category http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=144528 that shows what I went through to mount it.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
              Very nice bike. I would check the plugs though, it looks like it's running pretty lean with the blue header. I'm just across the way in San Antonio. Watch the Meetingplace area for threads on rides in the hill country out past Bandera.

Thank you,
              As a sidebar, sometimes my wife and I will drive to San Antonio just to go eat at Mi Tierra in the Old Market Square and if it's Sunday, we'll attend mass at the Missions mostly the Mission San Jose.

I'll keep my eyes open for the rides.

Comment

Great looking bike, Wacky.
                "Gentleman's Express" comes to mind.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

very nice.. hope to see you around houston some time.. got the same bike though mines on the other side of the looks catagory lol

Comment

Working...
                  X