Figeuroa Mountain (ALMOST)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figeuroa Mountain (ALMOST)

I tried to ride to Figueroa Mountain today and do the loop below. The ride basically starts at Santa It basically starts at Santa Ynez heading west on 246. You cross 154 and keep going till a left hand turn on Happy Valley Road. Now just keep going that is the way to the Los Padres Forest and Figueroa Mountain.

The road going in is beautify, but as most of these mountain trails they usually get pretty rough so it is more of an adventure trail even though almost all of it is paved. There is a 1 mile section that was dirt, but not very bad at all.

Once in the park the road up to Figueroa Mountain was locked but I was able to travel back to the end where there is a small improved camping ground. There is tonnes of hiking out here. See the posted map with all of the trails. My knees could not stand that any more, but for those able mountain biking would also be fun.

Apparently Greg Lamond's team used this loop as a winter training ride

Here is what it looked like today; You can just make out the snow on top, and that is a cold NW cloud blowing past.

So I tried out my old Cannon in the late afternoon sun again and did some photostiches. All are loaded up into photo bucket

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Last edited by posplayr; 11-29-2010, 01:53 AM.

Great pictures Pos. I like the way you do the stitching; what program do you use again?
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      Great pictures Pos. I like the way you do the stitching; what program do you use again?
      Take one more look, I added a pic of the mountain from the road.

The software comes free with the Cannon cameras. It is called ZoomBrowser EX and there is a utility under "edit" called "Photostich". It is real simple, shuffle them so they are in order and then hit "MERGE".

See attachment for the window

I may have to see if Santa will get me one with more resolution for Xmas. . This one is an ELPH SD630 and only has about 6 Megapixle and no stabilization

The photos are not great but they give a much better feeling for what it looks like taking in the view

Comment

Great pictures!

Being very interested in photography myself, I love good panoramics . That's cool about the canon making it so easy. Defiantly a feature worth looking for when I go camera hunting in the future.

I've gotta make them the hard way in photoshop. Its tedious and often painful, and rarely comes out as clean as the ones you posted.

Looks like a nice place to ride.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X