Clear All

Motorcycle Roads.com

FYI,
    This is a link to what it says is "America's Best Guide to Motocycle Roads
    and Rides"

sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Thanks Steve, have the site on my favorites but haven't looked at it in a while.
    Nice reminder and good to get me thru winter. Not that yall in winter springs know winter
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler View Post
      Thanks Steve, have the site on my favorites but haven't looked at it in a while.
      Nice reminder and good to get me thru winter. Not that yall in winter springs know winter
      I know what winter is! Had two bikes in Anchorage, Alaska. Rode while it was snowing, not fun at all. I also have two bikes here in Winter Springs,
      Florida, and it is cold down here, record cold, going down to 29 degrees
      tonight, and I rode them both today, and it wasn't fun. I did it to keep the batteries charged and fresh gas going into the carbs. But most of the time, we just ride them year round in Florida and its usually not that bad
      until the suns sets, then the temperature drops very quickly.
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Oh yeah, I remember riding all year long. I also recall driving back from Central Florida shooting across the swamps, stopping for newspapers to stuff in our jackets. This being the early 80's and before high tech gear and all.
        A few days driving to the Cape and having to hug the engine on my KZ1000 to warm up the fingers.
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

cool site, but not many rides in Nevada

Comment

just checked the website out. i am planning a PA route 6 trip this coming summer. i live in western pa now. figuring on a 4 day out and back all on 6. anybody done this at all?

Comment

Sedelen,

Thanks for the link.

The routes listed for Mass are just ho hum, in my ho humble opinion.

One could argue that I should post up some better ones to that site but to be honest I would rather share my knowledge on a more discreet basis, i.e. rider to rider or on the GSR.

Too much activity on a road typically brings out enforcement. I apologize for being selfish.

Comment

Originally posted by Mop Bucket View Post
                cool site, but not many rides in Nevada
                Plenty of them up north above Yosemite and south of Lake Tahoe.
                Actually in California though.
                One of my favorites:

Route # 4 out of Markliville, Ca.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by chris lawson View Post
                  just checked the website out. i am planning a PA route 6 trip this coming summer. i live in western pa now. figuring on a 4 day out and back all on 6. anybody done this at all?
                  what way you going on 6? I live off Route 6 in Ohio on the western border

Comment

just got back from living in North Lake Tahoe and would drool over some of the road wishing i had a motorcycle out there... the road outta Reno up to Mt Rose and into Kings Beach- PHENOMENAL.
                    The road around Emerald Bay- jeeeeeeeeeezumm...
                    Thinking of riding my GS there from NY just to fulfill the desire of riding them.

Comment

Working...
                    X