drag bike ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drag bike ?

Do any drag bikes use a belt to power back wheel,just want to get input on comments some coworkers made about new drag bikes using belts for final drive.Mostly harleys but I disagreed with them,Then I thought its been many years since I paid any attention to drag racing may eat my own words??

Even the high HP Harleys Convert to a chain,My freinds brother took his 2010 Harley Sportster 1200 out with about 1500 miles on it snaped 2nd and BAM off went the belt.hahaha Went to the dealer cost $750 to replace it,you have to pull the swing arm think about it..hahahah

Comment

hum

good ? as fare as i no there are no belt drive bikes in nhra or any other class even the electric bikes run chains.

and the belt idea was for less adjusting and smoother ride.

Comment

QPD makes belt drives for drag bikes for a few classes. You can run different style clutches. Who would want one unless you can afford the replacements all the time. All it would take is one small fiber to break and it would fail under those kinds of loads.

Comment

thanks, I thought it would be a rare thing if they did

Comment

I converted from a belt to a chain on my Sportster. With the rear wheel off the ground and using belt drive if I spin the wheel by hand it couldn't complete one full turn because of the drag. Now with a chain drive the wheel spun 5 times before stopping.
            1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
            1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
            1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
            1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
            01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Working...
            X