Death in the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death in the family

He wasn't a GSer, and I didn't meet him many times, but he was my cousin. He was returning from the Winter Haven Bike Night.

William (known as Nathan) has twin daughters, 7 years old.

A 48-year-old Bradenton (FL) man died early this morning when the motorcycle he was riding left the road and smashed into a steel pole.
    William Lahey of 2501 26th Avenue West in Bradenton was riding a 2004 silver Kawasaki east on Cypress Gardens Boulevard around 1:40 a.m. His motorcycle struck the concrete curb on the south side of the road and continued through the grass, running over a bush and into a steel pole, according to the Polk Sheriff's Office.
    Lahey was thrown from the bike when it hit the pole, landing in a nearby driveway. Lahey, who was wearing a helmet, was declared dead at the scene, the Sheriff's Office said.
    "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Too bad..
    My heart goes out to the young family.
    sigpic

82 GS850
    78 GS1000
    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
    .................________-|___\____
    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Damn shame, KF...sorry to hear it.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Really sorry to hear that, I will be thinking of his family.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Sorry for your loss. I lost my cousin a few years ago when he left the road on his MC and hit a tree. Sux.
          Last edited by bonanzadave; 01-18-2011, 10:00 PM.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Kerrfunk, Very tragic news, my condolences to you and his young family.

Comment

Sad news, my condolences as well.

Comment

Thanks for the condolences, folks.
                Here's another news article, but it doesn't really shed any additional light.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear of this sad passing. Prayers to the whole family.
                  "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

So, so sad, I offer you my condolances.
                    sigpic
                    Steve
                    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

A terrible shame !! When things like that happen in the wee hours of the morning It always makes me think alcohol was involved.

Comment

Kerry,

Prayers for you and William's family. It's tragic. You have my sympathies.

All the best to you and yours in this time of loss.

Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
                          A terrible shame !! When things like that happen in the wee hours of the morning It always makes me think alcohol was involved.
                          Certainly it's a question on my mind as well. I know there's an autopsy happening, but I don't know if those details will reach me. Who knows, maybe he had a heart attack on the bike and then went down. I know he was returning from a bike rally. I don't know whether he was a drinker or whether he gave that up a while back.

Comment

It's a shame to hear of these things happening like this. It's hard to wrap your head around. There is no good answer no matter of fact why. I've delivered several death notices, and it doesn't matter how close you were it's family and it tugs at the heart. Sorry for your loss hope the family is doing well. It's always a sad day where the loss of a parent was involved. Prayers out to the family.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this. Especially sorry to hear about the young ones left behind.
                              My condolences and sympathies for the family.

Comment

Working...
                              X