OK, when (and what) is Fennimore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, when (and what) is Fennimore?

I have to submit a vacation request in order to get 'dibs' on the dates I want, so I need to know when this event is scheduled for. Anyone have the info?

Thanks in advance.
    and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

It's late September, early October, has been renamed the Dave Davis Memorial rally I think, based out of Fennimore, WI, we all stay at the Fenimore Hotel as a general rule. It coincides with the Slimey Crud Run. I looked for the sticky thread and it seems to have disappeared. I haven't been able to attend for the last two years, so the dates are fuzzy in my head. JoeNardy will be able to fill it in for you, or Skreemer can do it also.

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
      I have to submit a vacation request in order to get 'dibs' on the dates I want, so I need to know when this event is scheduled for. Anyone have the info?

Thanks in advance.
      Fennimore is a small town in southwest Wisconsin that is surrounded by nice roads. The Fall Fennimore Rally, now known as the Dave Davis Memorial Fennimore Rally, is held on the weekend of the first Sunday in October to coincide with the Fall Slimey Crud Run. This year the dates will be September 30 - October 2. There is not yet an official thread but those will be the dates. We may also do another less formal Southwest Wisconsin trip sometime in June or July depending on what rallies the area folks decide to attend or not to attend. PM me with any questions as I'm the guy who puts this rally together.

Thanks,
      Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Thanks. I'll be watching here for details.

I took a Rustic Roads tour into Wisconsin in '09, and enjoyed it greatly. It was one of the many detailed on the ADvrider site. Got my patch, too! (I felt like a kid when that showed up in the mail...)

I'll try to include the patch here:
        Last edited by robertbarr; 01-27-2011, 09:53 PM.
        and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
        __________________________________________________ ______________________
        2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

RB...my first GS Rally was the '09 Fennimore trip...

It was a hoot...great roads...great folks...great times...

And it hooked me on GS Rallies...done a couple more since then...can't wait for the next one...
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
            RB...my first GS Rally was the '09 Fennimore trip...

It was a hoot...great roads...great folks...great times...

And it hooked me on GS Rallies...done a couple more since then...can't wait for the next one...
            Yeah, and it only took a couple years to convince you to attend........
            IBA# 24077
            '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
              Thanks. I'll be watching here for details.

I took a Rustic Roads tour into Wisconsin in '09, and enjoyed it greatly. It was one of the many detailed on the ADvrider site. Got my patch, too! (I felt like a kid when that showed up in the mail...)
              Robert,

If you would like to meet some of the Fennimore regulars feel free to meet up with us for the Chicago Bike Show in a couple weeks. Despite outward appearances, it is a great group of people.

Joe
              IBA# 24077
              '08 Yamaha WR250R

Comment

Yeah Please do Im thinking about getting out on a long trip on my Gs this summer!

Comment

Working...
                X