Feb BOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feb BOM

Nice bike, Gabor, and congratulations on having the Bike of the Month! Makes me sorry I sold mine. I especially like the black exhaust. BTW, where was the pic taken, SoCal?
    Willie
    Last edited by willie; 02-04-2011, 05:40 PM.
    Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
    '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
    '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
    '82 GS1100G Resto project

Yes, nice looking bike Gabor.
    sigpic
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I like your Bike and your write-up. Short and sweet says it all . GSLuv !!
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by willie View Post
        Nice bike, Gabor, and congratulations on having the Bike of the Month! Makes me sorry I sold mine. I especially like the black exhaust. BTW, where was the pic taken, SoCal?
        Willie
        Great pic of Nice bike taken from West Camino Cielo (looking east overlooking UCSB)

List the route of your favorite ride or destination and let us know why you think it's so special.

Comment

Thank you guys,i really appriciate it.Makes me so proud,that my little Suzi won such a prestigious title!Growing up in Hungary in the 80's

this bikes were the epitome of motorcycling,and i could just dream of owning one of them.Luckily i was able to aquire this beautyful

machine for very little

money,and it is my pride and joy ever since.I take no credit for it to look like this,i just try to keep it in shape

BTW i love this forum,since i discovered it,i had a lot of fun reading the threads and getting great advices on a lot of issues.I would love to

meet some of the members,but that is proving to be challenging.

No,this pic. was taken in Malibu,Ca,looking towards Pac.Palisades-Santa Monica.I live in So. Orange County now.

Cheers
          Last edited by caligs; 02-04-2011, 11:49 PM.
          Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
          Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
          '84 Honda VFR 500
          '86 GSXR 750
          http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

Originally posted by caligs View Post
            Thank you guys,i really appriciate it.Makes me so proud,that my little Suzi won such a prestigious title!Growing up in Hungary in the 80's

this bikes were the epitome of motorcycling,and i could just dream of owning one of them.Luckily i was able to aquire this beautyful

machine for very little

money,and it is my pride and joy ever since.I take no credit for it to look like this,i just try to keep it in shape

BTW i love this forum,since i discovered it,i had a lot of fun reading the threads and getting great advices on a lot of issues.I would love to

meet some of the members,but that is proving to be challenging.

No,this pic. was taken in Malibu,Ca,looking towards Pac.Palisades-Santa Monica.I live in So. Orange County now.

Cheers
            Sorry, I jumped the gun; so that is Zuma Beach?

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
              Sorry, I jumped the gun; so that is Zuma Beach?
              No,Zuma beach would be in the opposite direction about 10 mi. away....What you see is probably Palisades Beach.This spot is not far from Pepperdine Univ.
              Last edited by caligs; 02-05-2011, 03:26 AM.
              Current bikes: '83 GPZ 750(shipped to Europe)and The one and only '81 GS 1000G,BOM 2/11.
              Past bikes: '84 MZ ETZ 250
              '84 Honda VFR 500
              '86 GSXR 750
              http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/caligs/

Comment

this pic. was taken in Malibu,Ca,looking towards Pac.Palisades-Santa Monica.
                I lived in Hermosa Beach back in the 80's. The background in the picture reminded me of a place I'd take a breather at after riding up Stunt Rd, off Topanga. I'd usually head over that way when visiting the Rock Store on Mullholland Drive. The view from the opposite side of the road was just as impressive but of the valley and mtns. Ah, what memories!
                Given a choice though, I prefer the roads where I am now, North East TN.
                Willie
                Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
                '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
                '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
                '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Feb BOM

Congratulations on BOM!
                  Great Picture, and a beautiful G.
                  Scott
                  1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
                  1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
                  1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
                  2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
                  sigpic

Comment

Congratulations! Excellent bike.

Comment

Originally posted by caligs View Post
                      No,Zuma beach would be in the opposite direction about 10 mi. away....What you see is probably Palisades Beach.This spot is not far from Pepperdine Univ.
                      Well hell I guess it is true what they say, " Some sand Some water ; all All beaches look the same ".

Comment

Congratulations, beautiful bike.
                        sigpic

1979 GS1000E
                        1982 GS1100GL
                        2008 Bandit1250S

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll86/jsrose-gs/

Comment

Gorgeous!!!
                          McLoud
                          '79 GS850
                          `98 GSF1200 Bandit
                          sigpic
                          http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Lovely bike

Comment

But what a shame to keep it in the garage all the time............Well I guess not all the time!

Comment

Working...
                              X