Interesting bike for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting bike for sale

Immaculate Race bike built in Japan by Moriwaki Engineering 1984. It is called a Zero - X7. It has the best of everything that Honda could supply at the time. ...

Not sure of the price?

Knowing nothing of real race bikes, or Honda, or anything whatsoever, it seems to me that an aluminum framed racebike in 1984 would be unusual, in the least.
    That being said, to my eyes, this is one fookin cool looking cycle!
    Price? If you have to ask, you can't afford, right?
    Seriously sweet. Looks like a lot of fun to run up and down the street and maybe swing in to the local Honda dealership to see how they react

Comment

It's genuine with Japanese F1 history as a Moriwaki works bike...
      A friend of mine owns it and I suspect he's caved under pressure once his wife found out what it's worth.
      Last time I spoke to him he had a deal lined up where it was to stay in NZ and go on display alongside the Munro Indian. If I win lotto this weekend that's probably the first phone call I make....It's even better looking in the flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
        A friend of mine owns it and I suspect he's caved under pressure once his wife found out what it's worth.
        Last time I spoke to him he had a deal lined up where it was to stay in NZ and go on display alongside the Munro Indian. If I win lotto this weekend that's probably the first phone call I make....It's even better looking in the flesh.
        But i was planing to win lotto this weekend

Comment

I heard a rumour that Ken Mckintosh is buying up GSX1100 (1135) motors to use in builds of a fleet of XR69 replicas. Someone starting a new/old race category? Anyone else heard anything about it.... No idea if it's true. Probably a load of bollocks

Comment

Quite probably a load of bollocks....Ken has no need to make XR69 replicas as his own Bathurst rep frames are probably as good.

If he is buying them I'd guess the Japs he had at pukekohe have ordered a batch of Bathurst reps....

Go and interview him Colin - as "the man from the GS resources"....

Comment

Quite probably a load of bollocks....Ken has no need to make XR69 replicas as his own Bathurst rep frames are probably as good.

If he is buying them I'd guess the Japs he had at pukekohe have ordered a batch of Bathurst reps....

Go and interview him Colin - as "the man from the GS resources"....

No doubt you are right. I didn't see him or any Japanese but I was only there for a half day. Gosh they must have been blown away at the quality of the facilities.

Comment

gday guys, spoke to ken back in november, as i was chasing up some bits for my br2, and he still reckons he's flat out doing the norton's, and also talking to croz, at the 2011 phillip island classic, he reckoned the same thing, it would be good to see slighty, on the freeth bike though, maybe next year.

Comment

Poor guy; I'd keep the bike and sell the wife. I think if she has the right in the relationship to make him sell something sacred to him (I assume--it sure as heck would be sacred to me!) that he should have the right to make her sell something of sacred value to her. Just ain't right, how some women behave in relationships.

You're all doomed if I hit the lottery first...

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Green View Post
                    I heard a rumour that Ken Mckintosh is buying up GSX1100 (1135) motors to use in builds of a fleet of XR69 replicas. Someone starting a new/old race category? Anyone else heard anything about it.... No idea if it's true. Probably a load of bollocks
                    These guys are making the XR69 replicas. Read about them in last month's issue of Classic Motorcycle Mechanics. Don't know where they are based.

Comment

Do you get Classic Motorcycle Mechanics over there? I'm told that Febuary issue page 50, has a picture of my GT750.
                      sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

gday guys, they are based in england, did you also notice that cam donalds xr69 rep, runs a gsx1100 motor, but the pommie bikes were running 1150 motors, as it's allowed in there rules in uk, where as oz rules are up to 1982 machinery.

Comment

Working...
                        X