My new race bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new race bike

I am leaving at 6am to go pickup my first honest drag bike and i am pumped, i wont be able to use it for 4 months but at least i can look at it. OK i am acting like a 10 year old but i an not sure if i am gonna sleep.Bob has been very patient as this has been a process getting it into Canada but it,s gonna happen tomorrow someway.

sorry Bob for using your photo but it will be mine Tomorrow

Awesome! You should get someone to record some of the races .

Comment

good deal steve.
      enjoy racing it...a small tire bike is really user friendly.
      let me know if i can help with anything in the future.
      terry

Comment

Friday nights at Cayuga?
        Another Cycle Canada Showcase in the making. Congrats.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
          I am leaving at 6am to go pickup my first honest drag bike and i am pumped, i wont be able to use it for 4 months but at least i can look at it. OK i am acting like a 10 year old but i an not sure if i am gonna sleep.Bob has been very patient as this has been a process getting it into Canada but it,s gonna happen tomorrow someway.

sorry Bob for using your photo but it will be mine Tomorrow
          Not a problem with the photo...

Steve...you're going to have a bunch of fun with it...I sure am going to miss it.
          See ya tonight.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Head changes after a sale…

Hey Guys, sounds like a Win-Win sale!
            However for Bob, I got to believe that, you're gonna feel a need.
            Just fine, you'll have a decent wad for an anodyne.
            Bill
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
              Hey Guys, sounds like a Win-Win sale!
              However for Bob, I got to believe that, you're gonna feel a need.
              Just fine, you'll have a decent wad for an anodyne.
              Bill
              Bill...I can always run my '83 in street class...

The think I will miss the most is the people...bike drag racers are a very special breed...
              I am sure that amxsteve will find that to be the best part of the whole thing...

Comment

Well...the drag bike is in new hands...and good hands, I must say.
                Amxsteve and his friend Bob just left to try and get a few miles in before stopping for the night....
                We had a nice visit...Steve is a great guy and I think he will enjoy the bike.

Going over a few things...(me left, Steve right)

Steve trying her on for size...

Loading up for the drive home...

Comment

Why a headlight?

Hey Bob, why keep a headlight on a drag bike?
                  I don't understand, is it required?
                  Bill
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Bill
                    Bill...it would look funny without one...

Seriously...it's not a real headlight...just a fiberglass pretend light.
                    Inside the light is a good place to put electrical stuff...
                    (I don't think it is required, but a don't remember seeing a bike without a fake light)

Comment

Made it home at 7 this evening with the bike. Every attempt was made by the border services on both sides to ruin a perfectly good road trip but it is in my garage now so ---- them all. The feeling in my gut when at the U S customs office i was told in no uncertain terms that they would NOT allow me to export the race bike without the title is hard to describe but i am sure you get the point. After approx half an hour i was told that i could import the scooter and i was allowed to leave the states with the race bike, I still dont know what that meant other than yes i could have the bike but it will always be registered in the states,Do i care NO but they had to make it difficult for kicks i think.the questions asked by the officer were odd kike ,well are the forks off a motorcycle so it must have a title,ARRRRRRGH. So off we went and made it to our side of the pond and was very kindly received by the office officers and was given a yellow piece of paper to give to the guy outside so we could leave.HE was not a happy camper and made it clear that he did not believe i only paid $4000 for the bike and on more than one occasion stated that he was going to impound my buddies brand new Denali HD and trailer if i didnt tell him how much i really paid.long story short he separated us,left us standing outside and went into the office to return 15 minutes later and all he said was you can go,handed back all my documents and did an about face.
                      I would like to thank Bob and his wife for everything,the bike is in the right hands and will be loved and enjoyed. Mentally spent it,s been a long day

Comment

Bill

I was thinking the samething, I thought it was only street class it was required?

Comment

the head light is fake and is only for looks...
                          come on guys...you so silly!

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
                            Made it home at 7 this evening with the bike. Every attempt was made by the border services on both sides to ruin a perfectly good road trip but it is in my garage now so ---- them all. The feeling in my gut when at the U S customs office i was told in no uncertain terms that they would NOT allow me to export the race bike without the title is hard to describe but i am sure you get the point. After approx half an hour i was told that i could import the scooter and i was allowed to leave the states with the race bike, I still dont know what that meant other than yes i could have the bike but it will always be registered in the states,Do i care NO but they had to make it difficult for kicks i think.the questions asked by the officer were odd kike ,well are the forks off a motorcycle so it must have a title,ARRRRRRGH. So off we went and made it to our side of the pond and was very kindly received by the office officers and was given a yellow piece of paper to give to the guy outside so we could leave.HE was not a happy camper and made it clear that he did not believe i only paid $4000 for the bike and on more than one occasion stated that he was going to impound my buddies brand new Denali HD and trailer if i didnt tell him how much i really paid.long story short he separated us,left us standing outside and went into the office to return 15 minutes later and all he said was you can go,handed back all my documents and did an about face.
                            I would like to thank Bob and his wife for everything,the bike is in the right hands and will be loved and enjoyed. Mentally spent it,s been a long day
                            Dang it, man...wish it had gone smoother for you.
                            Obviously, they don't understand the market for racing toys is pretty soft right now

Glad you made it home!
                            It was a pleasure to meet you and Bob...
                            Take care and feel free to call with any questions.

Comment

I thought that bike looked familiar. Then I remembered seeing it on Craigslist.

Good buy! I'm sure that things a blast! What was the fastest it ever ran?

Comment

Working...
                              X