Does 0.08-0.13 sound right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does 0.08-0.13 sound right?

I looked on my GS250T and GS300L SUPPLEMENTARY manual. Im not sure if 0.08-0.13 (0.003-0.005) was for the 250T or for the 300L.. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys,
    KT

Thats exactly what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten Tooth View Post
      I looked on my GS250T and GS300L SUPPLEMENTARY manual. Im not sure if 0.08-0.13 (0.003-0.005) was for the 250T or for the 300L.. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys,
      KT

I looked it up in the manul on Basscliff's site and the specification you have is in the section fpr the 300.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Motorräder View Post
        I looked it up in the manul on Basscliff's site and the specification you have is in the section fpr the 300.

Might wanna double check that.

Most valve types like this are those specs, even up to the 750 inline 4's.

Comment

i have a 1983 GS300L-D i was hoping they were not the specs for the 250T. Let me know if i got it right

Comment

So what do i set them to, 0.08 or 0.13? or anywhere inbetween? not sure how to do this, i mean i know how but what would be the ideal gap? i already bought the bladed feeler gauges and i have the proper wrenches and whatnot. I was also going to make that tool with the wooden dowel and square screw head for easier adjustment. how long does this job normally take do you think? I watched informational videos where they did it on a straight six with the ball and cup design with no shims. Being 16 and all though, you could guess i never done this before.

Comment

300L-

Valve Spring Length- 36.1 mm, Tension- 25.8 to 33.7lbs

Valve Clearances: 0.08-0.13mm

Comment

So is it anywhere between 0.08 and 0.13 or is it one of those two?

Comment

Hi,

That's the operating range. Anywhere in between those two clearances is good.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

What's up KT? Definantly make the tool with the square drive screws. Worth every penny. Set your clearances toward the high end of the tolerance since the clearance will get smaller due to wear.

Comment

Sweet, you guys are helping me out a whole bunch with this info. Ill make the tools then. Ill post of vid of the engine running on here and KZrider when im done as well as a video of the job too if i remember my damn camera

Comment

What they said.

Comment

This is the one I made. I have a wood lathe, so I went a bit custom. Nice to see you post again.

Charlie G
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g
                          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                          X