National Motorcycle Museum, Anamosa Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Motorcycle Museum, Anamosa Iowa

My wife and I took a mini-vacation this weekend based out of Galena IL. It was my birthday weekend and, as usual, I wanted to do something Motorcycle related so we went to the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa IA. It was a nice museum housing around 300 bikes. They also had lots of pictures, brochures, toys, bicycles, and other oddities. Their collection is focused more on older bikes but also had a few from the 60's through 80's. Unfortunately there weren't many Suzukis or GSs. It was an enjoyable afternoon, more so for me than for Cathy. She is very understanding and tolerates my addiction well. Here are a few pics:

1972 Evel Knievel bike:

H-D Snowmobile:

The legendary Roadog:

Old time parts counter:

1938 Crocker - My favorite vintage bikes:

Indian Silver Arrow outboard motor:

Board Track Display:

Custom Sturgis 50th Anniversary H-D:

Triumph X-75:

Engine display:

More pics below...............
    Last edited by Joe Nardy; 02-22-2011, 10:35 PM.
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Rickman Metisse Triumph Scrambler:

Elmer Trett's Mountain Magic Kawasaki Top Fuel drag bike, first bike to run 200, 210, 220, and 230 mph in sanctioned events. It is also the bike he died on in 1996:

A couple Arlen Ness creations:

1975 Kawasaki H1 500R Road Racer:

1953 NSU 250. Dustbin fairings were banned by the FIM in 1958:

1936 Norton Manx factory racer with Vesco dual Yamaha 650 twin engine streamliner in background:

You can see all the pics I took here. Please enjoy them, download any you like, and let me know your favorite!

Thanks,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Thanks Joe. Nice pictures. The wife wants one of these.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Looks cool! I want to go! terrylee

Comment

Charlie, why not build your own? Check out http://motorbicycling.com/
          or google board track replicas. Replica board trackers can be built under $1000 to build, for simple ones. This particularly nice one, was built for around $2200, and used a motor mount kit for the Briggs V twin. They use modified beach cruiser bycycles as a base that can be bought new for about a hundred bucks at K-Mart
          Last edited by Guest; 02-24-2011, 10:21 PM.

Comment

If you're ever in that area it is a great museum and well worth the visit.

Every biker/motorcycle enthusiast should go to Anamosa at least once.

Thanks for the pics Joe.

Nic
            83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

Originally posted by madjack57754 View Post
              Charlie, why not build your own? Check out http://motorbicycling.com/
              or google board track replicas. Replica board trackers can be built under $1000 to build, for simple ones. This particularly nice one, was built for around $2200, and used a motor mount kit for the Briggs V twin. They use modified beach cruiser bycycles as a base that can be bought new for about a hundred bucks at K-Mart
              Thanks for the link MADJACK

She changed her mind. This is the type she wants. I like to see that happen.

cg
              Last edited by Charlie G; 02-25-2011, 12:33 AM.
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                Thanks for the link MADJACK

She changed her mind. This is the type she wants. I like to see that happen.

cg
                if you build it she will ride

Comment

Is this where Roaddog sleeps when it's not touring with Walneck's swap meet?

Comment

Love the Kawi H1....seems like a real neat place....and better lit than Wheels Through Time museum in Maggie Valley, NC which i love.

Comment

Very cool..I see a week-end trip in my future...

DDM

Comment

When I was going to school in Iowa City my girlfriend (now wife) and I went up to see it. Even the drive from IC to Anamosa was really pretty. I think when I get my GS running it will be time to head up there again.

Comment

Wow I must've missed this thread first time 'round... but thanks Joe, awesome!

I particularly like the boardtrack display and the Rickman Metisse scrambler...
                          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                          X