this sounds like fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this sounds like fun

found this, i cant enter unles i buy a new bike but it definately sounds like a good time

Buy a bike and do it. Sounds like fun.Good excuse to buy a bike.
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Yeah it is a good excuse, ive got a guy that want to give me a 73 cb360? might just build that for it

Comment

Originally posted by FreshStart View Post
        Yeah it is a good excuse, ive got a guy that want to give me a 73 cb360? might just build that for it
        Perfect, CB 360s are excellent for a Honda! I think my GS 650 is still under the $500 limit, if I don't put on the new tires or the freshly painted tank.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          Perfect, CB 360s are excellent for a Honda! I think my GS 650 is still under the $500 limit, if I don't put on the new tires or the freshly painted tank.
          but its not under the cc limit, 500 bucks, 500cc's, 500 miles

Comment

but its not under the cc limit, 500 bucks, 500cc's, 500 miles
            Oh, forgot that part...

Comment

I wonder if a 650 will run on three cylinders?

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

That couldn't be done here. There are very rarely bikes under $500, and if they are they're basket cases.

Comment

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
                  That couldn't be done here. There are very rarely bikes under $500, and if they are they're basket cases.
                  thats the actual point, to run a jalopy 500 miles

Comment

Hah, Honda 360s. Nothing like having a 2 cylinder moped with a top speed of 75 mph, that takes time measured in minutes to get there.
                    I'm just joking, I rode one back when they were new and I was riding 2 strokes. I was stunned at how underpowered it was. I suspect time has not improved the performance much. But you could putter the 500 miles.

Comment

eh cant say no to a free bike, even if it is a gutless turd

Comment

I agree completely. I'd take it, even if all I could do is part it out. It apparently has a following, even though it is a *gasp* Honda.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                          Hah, Honda 360s. Nothing like having a 2 cylinder moped with a top speed of 75 mph, that takes time measured in minutes to get there.
                          I'm just joking, I rode one back when they were new and I was riding 2 strokes. I was stunned at how underpowered it was. I suspect time has not improved the performance much. But you could putter the 500 miles.
                          Come on, man! They went at least 80! Some of the most fun ever was blasting around Seattle on my dad's CB 360, my buddy on his CB350. You could go full throttle from Everett to Federal Way on 99 at three in the morning.. Let's see you try that on a Hyabusa!

A Honda 350 with a helmet fairing would be perfect for this event.

Comment

I read an article about an event like this last year. I don't think it was the exact one, but the rules were the same. The winner, measured by who had the least break downs, was riding a GS450. Makes sense to me

Does sound like fun though.

Comment

thats the actual point, to run a jalopy 500 miles
                              I understand completely what the point is, I see what you guys post as "deals" and what comes up on craigslist & kijiji here and there is no comparison. Deals are few and far between here. The pickins are slim. There is one I am considering, I'll let you know next week how it goes.. by your standards I'll likely be paying 50% too much. The prices and selection drop dramatically as you cross the line into Washington... even better around Portland..

A Honda 350 with a helmet fairing would be perfect for this event.
                              yes it would!! I love that helmet fairing..
                              Last edited by Guest; 03-10-2011, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X