Raced my friend's 07 r6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raced my friend's 07 r6

My friend been talking s%@* about how my bike is so slow this whole week since I have been down here visiting so I bet I could beat his bike to 60mph. I did and have it on video. His excuse was he passed me before 60 and when I looked down I was going 70mph. Don't know if it's against the rules to post video, but if you search youtube you can find the video. I was on my gs750 and I even did a wheelie off the line. Pretty impressive for a bike that's 30 years older than his.

btw I have never raced anyone on my bike before

Originally posted by dlanes View Post
    My friend been talking s%@* about how my bike is so slow this whole week since I have been down here visiting so I bet I could beat his bike to 60mph. I did and have it on video. His excuse was he passed me before 60 and when I looked down I was going 70mph. Don't know if it's against the rules to post video, but if you search youtube you can find the video. I was on my gs750 and I even did a wheelie off the line. Pretty impressive for a bike that's 30 years older than his.

btw I have never raced anyone on my bike before

People post links all the time
    give a search string at least

Comment

Oh and you ned to do this on a track with radar.

Comment

AHA

You will lose your license doing this sort of thing.

Comment

Here's the link...

Can't really tell who wins 'cause the camera is so far behind but you had him off the line.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
            AHA

You will lose your license doing this sort of thing.
            You will lose your liscense if your caught doing this sort of thing

Comment

Originally posted by FreshStart View Post
              You will lose your liscense if your caught doing this sort of thing

Well if you want to be pedantic. You will lose your license if caught and convicted. Unless there is an appeals process which makes things iffy.

Comment

Couldn't have WAITED until the white suv had turned?
                Couldn't do it when the street light changed at the next intersection instead?

Just be safer and do it at a track or local Airport next time, please.

Daniel

Comment

Yes!

You won. No doubt.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I can't tell if you won or not, but it was damn close and that's enough for me to be happy!

Comment

Yeah, I didn't want to race over here but they kept ragging on me so I said f it. They wanted me to race through two lights earlier with traffic (idiots). Yeah I never do this kinda thing because it's pretty pointless. I just wanted to shut him up. We were racing to 60mph and he passed me about 65-70mph, even though he said he passed at 62mph. Either way it was pretty cool popping a wheelie leaving the line

I really don't agree with these guys riding style so I mainly wait in the back because they do some pretty stupid stuff and being thousands of miles away from home I thought I would take it easy. FYI his bro (the one I rode down here with) crashed his bike the other day into some else we were riding with. He's the most experienced of the bunch.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't want to race over here but they kept ragging on me so I said f it. They wanted me to race through two lights earlier with traffic (idiots). Yeah I never do this kinda thing because it's pretty pointless. I just wanted to shut him up. We were racing to 60mph and he passed me about 65-70mph, even though he said he passed at 62mph. Either way it was pretty cool popping a wheelie leaving the line

I really don't agree with these guys riding style so I mainly wait in the back because they do some pretty stupid stuff and being thousands of miles away from home I thought I would take it easy. FYI his bro (the one I rode down here with) crashed his bike the other day into some else we were riding with. He's the most experienced of the bunch.
                        If you stay behind make it far enough so the cop does not take you down as being the nearest bike to him. They are all out there waiting. Thye are especially busy here this time of year as the season is just starting after winter. No problems in So Cal with that though.

Without prying what do you pay per year in insurance? I bet its a lot less than your friend does for all his performance advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
                          If you stay behind make it far enough so the cop does not take you down as being the nearest bike to him. They are all out there waiting. Thye are especially busy here this time of year as the season is just starting after winter. No problems in So Cal with that though.

Without prying what do you pay per year in insurance? I bet its a lot less than your friend does for all his performance advantage.
                          I pay about $100/year for insurance. It's a good thing I don't speed cuz they got chased by the cops two nights ago after I pulled off to get gas.

Comment

I pay about $100/year for insurance. It's a good thing I don't speed cuz they got chased by the cops two nights ago after I pulled off to get gas.

100!!!!!
                            say its a typo please.

Comment

I dunno is $100 too much for insurance what do you guys pay?

Comment

Working...
                              X