Mac 2-1 clearance issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac 2-1 clearance issues

Has anyone had any issues with their 2-1 Mac hitting on the centerstand on a 81 GS450L? I was just test fitting and it looks as if it fouls out on the centerstand when in the down position. I have emailed Mac and have yet to get a response.

TDC

Any pictures?

Comment

I assume the the center stand is hitting the Mac when it is not in use. Here is a picture of a stop I made to keep it from hitting my 2 to 1.

This is from the thread http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=165902 , in 2 cylinder. There is another shot of the bike on the stand. PM if you have questions.

cg
      Last edited by Charlie G; 04-19-2011, 10:30 AM.
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

When the centerstand is in the down position, as in when the bike is up on the centerstand. I will try fitting it again tonight and see if I can get pictures.

TDC

Comment

Originally posted by TDC View Post
          When the centerstand is in the down position, as in when the bike is up on the centerstand. I will try fitting it again tonight and see if I can get pictures.

TDC
          Thats what I read your were saying but couldn't see how it could be hitting.

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I checked mine last night and there is only an 1/8" clearence between the header and the stand. It's a tight fit.

cg
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g

Comment

That is a tight fit. Wouldn't take much slop in manufacturing to cause an issue. Maybe I have a bend or two that is not quite right. I'd hate to have to dimple it to fit and I don't want to lose the centerstand.

I should be able to get back to it tonight.

I have yet to get a response from Mac. I may have to call tonight.

TDC

Comment

Quick update. I have been having trouble contacting MAC via email. Got fed up and called. Turns out they are having some IT issues. Email is on the fritz and their server crashed losing a lot of data.

But they are responsive and are now trying to help now that they know I am having issues with there product.

TDC

Comment

Quick update. I have been having trouble contacting MAC via email. Got fed up and called. Turns out they are having some IT issues. Email is on the fritz and their server crashed losing a lot of data.

But they are responsive and are now trying to help now that they know I am having issues with there product.

TDC
                  It's nice you at least talked to someone.

cg
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g

Comment

Well, the final word is that if I ship them the pipe (on my dime), they will check it on their jig. If it is wrong they will ship me a replacement. If it is good they will ship it back on my dime. The best is I would have to pay shipping one way. The worst is paying two ways and still having something that doesn't seem right.

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Feels like I'm getting brushed off.

I'll post pics of them on the bike in a few moments.

TDC

Comment

Here are the pic I took to show Mac. The first two show how low they sit under the bike. The third shows how I needed to remove a little of the cooling fins around the exhaust port to clear the flanges. He thinks that the bike has an aftermarket head on it and that is why things are not fitting.

If I knew how much of a pain this was going to be I would have taken my chances on a factory system off fleabay.

TDC

Comment

An aftermarket head? Ya sure....right. The only reason I have one is it came with my bike. I wouldn't buy one. They really don't sound that nice. Let me know if I can help .

cg

Here are the pic I took to show Mac. The first two show how low they sit under the bike. The third shows how I needed to remove a little of the cooling fins around the exhaust port to clear the flanges. He thinks that the bike has an aftermarket head on it and that is why things are not fitting.

If I knew how much of a pain this was going to be I would have taken my chances on a factory system off fleabay.

TDC
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g

Comment

Dude, I'll trade you straight up for my stock 1980 GS450L exhaust. Maybe I can throw a little cash on top. Or maybe I'll just buy yours if you're selling it. Either way, I want a 2-1 exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                          X