race gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

race gas

Gonna try to get to the dragstrip this weekend and the only thing I need is fuel.
    Local dist only has 110 octane. Would there be a problem running that in my low comp 1260. The only fuiel avail at the pumps. Is 94 At best. Bob used to run the bike on 100 but there's none avail till next week

Try mixing one gallon of it with one gallons of 91 Octane and that should give you about 98-100 Octane. IIRC.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by amxsteve View Post
      Gonna try to get to the dragstrip this weekend and the only thing I need is fuel.
      Local dist only has 110 octane. Would there be a problem running that in my low comp 1260. The only fuiel avail at the pumps. Is 94 At best. Bob used to run the bike on 100 but there's none avail till next week
      Steve...Sorry, maybe I miss spoke when we talked. I ran 110 in the bike all the time. Worked fine.
      Check with the track. Around here, all our tracks sell it.

Have fun, take pictures and post back how it goes....
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

That's great 110 is easy to get 9$ a gallon will post results sun
        Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        Steve...Sorry, maybe I miss spoke when we talked. I ran 110 in the bike all the time. Worked fine.
        Check with the track. Around here, all our tracks sell it.

Have fun, take pictures and post back how it goes....

Comment

bought my gas $92 with tax for 5 gallons. tested the air shift,changed the oil,picked up my suit and loaded her up.even took the scooter for a blast and filled her with gas and oil.Saturday morning cant come soon enough.Got two buddies coming to help out,one who knows what he,s doing and the camera man. wish me luck

Comment

best of luck. sunoco 110 leaded purple is 8.50 a gal here where I'm at.
            SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Steve,

What track will you be running at?
              80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

cayuga, toronto motorsports park
                Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
                Steve,

What track will you be running at?

Comment

Not sure about up there but VP offers a discount on fuel purchases when racing. When I raced quads at 2 stroke wars I joined their racer program for a $2.50 a gallon discount 5 gallon minimum and a free metallic VP 5 gallon gas can. Not sure if you are using VP but its worth a look at.

Comment

Low compression as in 10.5-1?
                    My 1170 is 10.5-1 and has 160+ psi compression and i run Chevron 94 in it all the time, no problems. Running 110 octane is overkill IMO waste of money and might even drop power if you dont need the high octane.
                    If you had 13.5-1 then i would def. go for the 110.

Comment

over-octaning is very common

a majority of racers over octane- I call it psychological advantage- they think it is better for the engine and makes more power- but who am I to tell you what to run in your bike. you-slow , me - fast.

stock sports bikes are at 12-1 and recommend 91 unleaded pump gas. they even get to some stout advance when spinning up.

if I had a low comp 1260 I'd put regular 87 non ethanol and set the timing at 34 BTDC total advance.

VP C-12 (112) sells at $66.00 for a blue 5 gallon can - with a little extra for a can deposit. Race gas is everywhere in Kenosha,WI
                      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

time for a new clutch. made two passes taking her easy ran a 11.1 with a 2.66 60 foot and launched a bit harder on the second pass with a 1.47 60 but i think the clutch is smoked . Oh well gotta dance to go to tonight so i will have a boo tomorrow. I am glad i went and learned a bit ,slider clutch feels a bit odd but i will get used to it.
                        Last edited by Guest; 04-30-2011, 04:16 PM. Reason: forgot the pic

Comment

Maybe you just need to adjust the clutch weights

Comment

time for a new clutch. made two passes taking her easy ran a 11.1 with a 2.66 60 foot and launched a bit harder on the second pass with a 1.47 60 but i think the clutch is smoked . Oh well gotta dance to go to tonight so i will have a boo tomorrow. I am glad i went and learned a bit ,slider clutch feels a bit odd but i will get used to it.
                            Awesome picture, Steve.
                            Were you launching at full throttle? If you try to ease into it, it is hard on the clutch...
                            I did that the first time I ran it.
                            You should be able to get into the low 1.3s 60s fairly easy

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
                            Maybe you just need to adjust the clutch weights
                            She is heavier than most already...
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

on the second pass i had no gears after second and when i pulled the oil fill it is a bit stinky but no worries Bob gave me a spare

Comment

Working...
                              X