Cookstown 100 races-1st of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookstown 100 races-1st of the season

I went to the racing season opener in Cookstown yesterday, had a magnificent day-warm weather, good racing and only a minor incident in 18 races. Go to www.photobucket.com and type in Johnny237 albums there are 28 photos and 13 video clips( 12 if you count this one) on there covering everything from 125&250 2 strokes right up to 1000cc R1,GSXR & ZX10r's also 250/350 and 400/1000cc classics. Sorry in advance for the poor quality but I was using a £60 camera, and I'm only 30-40 feet away from the track not 200 as it looks in the videos! hope these are of interest to you.Johnny

just tried to play what I thought was a video clip on here but I messed up somehow-sorry!anyway I thought it might be of interest to you all to see what the prize money was yesterday-hope that this turns out better!Johnny

Comment

You make my mouth water…

Lucky you Johnny,
      So near great racing!
      Bill
      P.S. Ireland looks well along into spring, here in southern Michigan our trees are just beginning to open, about 4 weeks behind your's.
      Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 05-02-2011, 07:40 AM.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Hi Bill,sorry it's taken so long to get back to this!, the North West 200 will be coming around soon and one of our local tv companies will be putting the practice sessions and race coverage online( which means some very late nights for you guys in the states who want to watch it),I'll let you know via this part of the forum what times they are on.Hows the shoulder progressing?, hopefully it should be mending nicely by now-I'm still waiting for my consult after the MRI scans taken on the 2nd of April.Johnny

Comment

Warming up here.

Originally posted by Johnny Drummond View Post
          Hows the shoulder progressing?, hopefully it should be mending nicely by now-I'm still waiting for my consult after the MRI scans taken on the 2nd of April.Johnny
          It ain't solid yet and won't be for months, but I'm working the stiffness out. I can work but nothing heavy with my right arm, like carrying my 40 lb tool box.
          I rode about 70 miles last weekend.
          I can't afford any injuries anymore, so the sport bike's got to be sold, no track days. TUFF decision.
          Best of luck with your medical.
          Bill
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Drummond View Post
            Hi Bill,sorry it's taken so long to get back to this!, the North West 200 will be coming around soon and one of our local tv companies will be putting the practice sessions and race coverage online( which means some very late nights for you guys in the states who want to watch it),I'll let you know via this part of the forum what times they are on.Hows the shoulder progressing?, hopefully it should be mending nicely by now-I'm still waiting for my consult after the MRI scans taken on the 2nd of April.Johnny
            Johnny,

Look forward to the info on the broadcast.

cg
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
            X