Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest & Greatest from Kosman Specialties

Hi,

I'm a newbie here and still haven't introduced myself properly (I'm still working on that write-up). I apologize in advance if I've posted this in the wrong place or if it is inappropriate since it isn't strictly "GS". Please delete if necessary... I do not want to ruffle any feathers!!

However, I do have a tight connection with Kosman Specialties for those of you in the know. I thought you drag bikers would enjoy some extremely fresh pics of the latest and greatest rolling chassis Kosman literally just finished. The bodywork is completely new, lightweight carbon fiber. Frame weight has been reduced along with a whole slew of other goodies for those wanting to go fast. Shared with permission by Kosman's new owner (he's in the pics including one with his rock-and-roll girlfriend).

Sanford sold the business to who? Is that bodywork legal for NHRA P/SM? Ray.

Comment

Hi RapidRay,

Check out http://www.kosmanspecialties.com/about.htm to answer your question. They also have a FB page (just search on 'Kosman Specialties'). The new owner also has a personal FB page.

As far as your question re NHRA, I know they have been thru the rule book, are NHRA contingency sponsors, and are sponsoring a Pro Stock team this year. However, as to whether it is legal... me dunno!

Sandy is still involved as a consultant, just playing a lot more golf these days and looking a lot more relaxed!

Comment

wow nice !! I like it too much !! speak - a - thee BUELL??? well maybe if it rolls like that...

looks light as a feather and slicker than grease.

thanks for sharing.
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

That is awesome. Harley okay w/them calling it a Buell?

Comment

i hope sandy's enjoying his retirement...
            well deserved.

Comment

After Pup left us, I wondered how much longer Sandy would keep at it...So many projects and so little time.

Comment

>Harley okay w/them calling it a Buell?

They've been calling it a Buell for a long time and no lawsuits so far. Probably as much as V&H calling their V-Rod a V-Rod . From what I understand Suzukis are way closer to being Suzukis overall as far as engine blocks these days in Pro Stock.

For those of you who enjoy vintage dragbikes check out http://www.vintagedragbikeracing.com. The National Vintage Motorcycle Drag Racing Association is having its first race in Smithfield, OH June 25-26. 1/8 mile track. Engines have to be '72 and earlier.

Comment

Working...
                X