My first road race bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first road race bike

This is my 1981 GS750 in 1985 in front of my house in Aiea, Hawaii. Brand new Michelin High Sports on the #69 bike. Remember those? They were THE tire for street tire race tires in that day! I USED to be the skinny guy on the right! LOL! I beat up on some GSXR 750s with that bike too! The 250 Gamma was owned & raced by Emory Woods. Fun old days right after I got out of the Navy! Ray.

Cool, but what track was that?

Cool Ray! Where did you race a bike in Hawaii, and what was the track like?
    I used to live in Honolulu back in 1977.
    Bill
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Bill, we ran at Hawaii Raceway Park. We used the dragstrip & return road as a 1.3 mile course. The track was fair. A little rough on parts of the return road but a raceable course. Fun days back then! Ray.

Comment

no brace and duct tape thats my kind of race bike! got more of the side? looks like a stock exhaust from the left muffler just peeking out.

I'd like to see a on the brakes pass GS against a GSXR with you backing it in and rolling right away -oh yeah! how about these days? . OH HECK YEAH!
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
          This is my 1981 GS750 in 1985 in front of my house in Aiea, Hawaii. Brand new Michelin High Sports on the #69 bike. Remember those? They were THE tire for street tire race tires in that day! I USED to be the skinny guy on the right! LOL! I beat up on some GSXR 750s with that bike too! The 250 Gamma was owned & raced by Emory Woods. Fun old days right after I got out of the Navy! Ray.
          Nice old pics. Yeah I remember those tires. I wore out a set in 3 days on a buddies '85 GSXR750 and they definely weren't cheap. Can't remember which which compound they were though ....PZ2 or PZ4?? It was fun though.
          '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
          X