Okanogan Highlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okanogan Highlands

Weather is just about right for a ride on some of my very favorite roads.

I guess I'm supposed to explain why I think it is so great.......

Comment

The problem with that is that words don't do the place justice. It really is a state of mind.

Comment

My shoulders drop an inch automaticly whenever I get within 70 miles of the place. Just beautiful!

Comment

Looks great. You need to tell us where it is. I guess I could look it up. Thanks for the pictures.

cg
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

wow looks amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
              Looks great. You need to tell us where it is. I guess I could look it up. Thanks for the pictures.

cg

Here you go, Charlie. This is a link to the State park in Conconully.
              This is a place I think would make a GREAT place for a rally.

We have a cabin right on main street.

Conconully State Park is an 81-acre camping park with 5,400 feet of freshwater shoreline in north central Washington. Established as the oldest Bureau of Reclamation irrigation project in this part of the country, the park dates back to 1910.

Comment

Don,

Thanks for the link. I think you have an idea there about a ralley. I've only been through that general area once, many years ago.

cg
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I need to go there... Let's do it this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
                    I need to go there... Let's do it this summer!

Chainsaw,
                    My life has been in too much turmoil recently to take on organizing such a rally.(at least this year) I will, however, be spending some time there in august and will have a couple of my bikes and my bike trailer with me.

If anyone is interested, I will post when I plan to be there. Maybe we can hook up for a ride.

Comment

I'm in for spur of the moment ride in August!

Comment

Duper, you are certainly right about the beauty of the Highlands, but, naturally, I'll comment on Okanogan versus Okanagan.....I wonder how we drifted apart on the spelling of the same word.....

Comment

Originally posted by Runningdog View Post
                          Duper, you are certainly right about the beauty of the Highlands, but, naturally, I'll comment on Okanogan versus Okanagan.....I wonder how we drifted apart on the spelling of the same word.....

You know, I was never aware of that. Soon as you cross the border going north, Okanogan becomes Okanagan. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by DMorris View Post
                            You know, I was never aware of that. Soon as you cross the border going north, Okanogan becomes Okanagan. Interesting.
                            It's that U.S./Canadian accent thing.

Brad BK

Comment

Originally posted by bradleymaynar View Post
                              It's that U.S./Canadian accent thing.

Brad BK

Well, I guess of all the 'furreners', I like the Canadians best...even if their money is 'Looney'!

Comment

Working...
                              X