Long-cut to work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long-cut to work...

This morning I took a right turn from home, and then continued to do a loop (clockwise, if it's not clear from the map) down to Selbu and back up through Mostadmarka. This took 98 minutes Normally I use about 20 to get to work...

Here's a link that the MotionX GPS app made. It doesn't have arrows showing what direction I took, but if you click the route itself you get some stats.

Very nice, except the part that normally would be most fun was a little bit ruined by the road conditions being horrible. The roads took a toll from the very cold, very long winter. When the ground thawed, the roads broke up. Lots of long cracks along the way, and very bumpy. But still... Very pretty, and a treat to have this close to home.

Google Maps link with stats (zoom out and click 'Satellite' up in the right hand corner to get the best view): http://maps.google.com/?t=p&z=15&ll=...70e71b62ecab09

Looks like a beautiful ride!

Comment

Hovmod, I'll trade you maps. I live in Bonney Lake. To the east are national forests and parks. To the west, Puget Sound, Olympic peninsula and then the ocean. It is only 10 miles to work but when I take the long way home, I usually put in 60-70. Other than a short riding season, this is a great place to ride.
      Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

Comment

Nice. It'll be no surprise that my season is pretty short as well, I guess.

Comment

Working...
        X