Fork tube guards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork tube guards?

Anyone made there own fork tube guards for roadracing to protect the tubes from stones and such? I can find a lot out there for dirt bikes, but not roadracing. I could see finding a correct sized plastic bottle or something similar, cutting it to fit and zip-tying it to the lower tube. Any suggestions? Rick

I have been looking also.
    So far, I haven't found any acceptable dirt bike that I would use yet.

Daniel

Comment

Get some thin ABS black plastic sheet. Heat it in the oven & bend it to shape. Clamp it or use the fender bolts to fix or fix it to the bottom triple....

It's stiff but you can cut it really easily, plus if it did happen to touch anywhere when suspension bottoms it would just bend & spring back

That's what I would do....
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Fork gaitors were designed for this. Should be able to get them all over the place. (or are you running with USDs?)
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Thanks, guys. I can't find suitable boots/gaitors for this bike, particularly with the Tarrozi fork brace I'm running, so the ABS fabrication may be my best bet.

Comment

Working...
          X