Last trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last trip

I got back a few days ago from touring southern France. This will be by last tour in Europe because the movers will be here a week Monday to pack us up for Toronto. I left the S at home and took the Honda, boring I know, but it is better suited to the job (GPS, luggage carriers, etc).

Made a detour to Mulhouse on the way down from Luxembourg to see what's probably the world's largest car museum (puts Jay Leno to shame) at the Cite de l'Automobile - Fritz Schlumpf collection. Rode thru the Jura region and visited the Gorges du Verdon (french Grand Canyon) and made an overnight stop at Avignon (of the famous bridge). Returned via Aix-les-Bains for a 5 day overall trip of about 2300kms.

link to the photos:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

and a sample....

a crepe with a view (village of Rougon, France)

yours truly ready to roll

Ferraris at the Fritz Schlumpf collection

The museum had not one, not two, but THREE Bugatti Royales! And the molds they used to beat the fenders from...... amazing.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-28-2011, 02:57 PM.

Looks like a great place to have a bike. Especially with ALL of that traffic!
    It must have been torture! How did you do it?

Daniel

Comment

Amazing pics...and as you well know there is nothing in the Toronto area even close to that for riding.
      Those molds for the fenders might be the most valuable pieces of wood in existence.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Amazing pics...and as you well know there is nothing in the Toronto area even close to that for riding.....
        Though we are really looking forward to moving back to N. America, I will really miss the roads around here. This is great riding country (when it's not raining).

Comment

Originally posted by GS Jim View Post
          This is great riding country (when it's not raining).
          Canada's also a great riding country (when it's not snowing)

Great pics, thanks for sharing.
          McLoud
          '79 GS850
          `98 GSF1200 Bandit
          sigpic
          http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...php?groupid=13

Comment

Those pictures are amazing! There are places just as nice here, just a bit more spread out with a lot less traffic. A sad departure I'm sure but I'll be the first to say 'welcome back home'.
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Thanks AZR, I know NA offers great places to ride, they are just usually farther from home! That being said, I can't tell you how happy I am to move back. Though from NY, I think Toronto will eventually feel like home (which Luxembourg never did).

Comment

Working...
              X