Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caution at the ROTT biker rally in Austin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caution at the ROTT biker rally in Austin!

Just an FYI for those Texans here who may plan on attending the Republic of Texas Biker Rally in Austin this weekend. The City of Austin has a very strict policy on DWI/DUI. If you are under suspicion of ANY amount of alcohol ingestion while operating a vehicle, you will be taken in and the overnight judge will grant a warrant to take a blood sample. Even if you are found to be under the limit, you will be taken in and have to wait around to be processed, and the blood sample is taken to prove your innocence. Sounds like a bad ending to a good night to me.

I won't preach to anyone about not drinking and riding. That should be an easy decision. My point is that if you plan to attend this event and drink, then have a designated driver or get a cab. I don't live in Austin any more, but do listen to a local Austin station over the internet, and they are warning everyone locally. Just stay on your guard fellas, and stay out of the graybar hotel.

Also note, that if you find yourself venturing into Williamson County (North of Austin) that they have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol/drugs. Keep safe out there this weekend. There will be lots of bikes on the road in central Texas, and there are multiple deaths almost yearly at this event.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2011, 08:26 AM.
Working...
X