Moundsville, WV area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moundsville, WV area

After what will be 7 weeks of hibernation, looks like I may be able to sneak away for a Saturday/Sunday jaunt.

Anyone familiar with the Moundsville, Wv area? I'm looking at camping at Indian Meadows campground on Mason Dixon highway near Fairview, WV. From there, I'm thinking of taking this route on Saturday afternoon:

Taking WV 7 west, jog North on 250, then continue WV 7 West until WV 20. Taking WV 20 south until it hits WV 19, then into Shinnston. From that point, taking 19 to 218, to Farmington. Then just the shortest route back to camp.

Sunday I figure I'll be able to put in about 100 miles before breaking camp and heading back to Columbus.

For this route, I am planning on taking 218 South from the campground to Fairview, WV. Picking up Buffalo Rd / CR 1, which turns into CR 7 (?). Following this until it hits WV 20, then North to WV 7 and back to 250. This appears to be about 100 mile loop of nice twisty roads. Once I break camp, I'll take 250 N and then probably bee line it home.

I realize google maps makes every road look great. But if there is anyone here who knows this area, any insight is most welcome.

Thanks

Later.

Been a long time since I rode SR-250 but if you take that south (east) out of Moundsville it used to be a really nice, twisty road with great scenery. For great food, stop at Young's Cafeteria in Glen Dale, next town north of Moundsville. Very affordable and nice people. It's on SR-2, right across from John Marshall High School.

Comment

Working...
    X