Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange County - Tillamook, OR

Hey guys,
    Long time GS owner, few years been on this site.

I am riding to Tillamook, OR sometime in July or Aug.
    Ive driven the 101 and 5 many times, I was thinking about taking the 395 up and cutting over before the border to hit Grants Pass and do the OR coast the rest of the way. Ive never seen yosemite or sequoia forest.

Any ideas, tips and tricks?
    Anyone care to join some of the way?

Any info is great!
    Rob

Rob, I am over by Disneyland. Want to get together for a cold one? Ray.

Comment

Looks like there will be a bunch of GS'ers in Yosemite July 9, if that's not to early. See the 6th annual Western States Ralley. Second weekend in Sept. I'll be heading up 101 from Cresent City, Ca. to Astoria, Or and then up in to Washington ( see 2nd Pacific North west ralley).

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Hey Ray,
        I drive past your place on the way to work all the time.
        Tartan Room is a cool dive to stop by for a cold one (chapman/haster).
        I usually stop by late though, after work, 11pm'ish.

-
        I checked that post about the GSR meet near Reno. Looks real fun, literally on the way AND they're hitting Yosemite which is what I wanted to see.
        Kind of early for me, I'm confirming a passenger in a week which dictates the dates I'm leaving. If no passenger, and if maybe someone is riding out there as well, there's a chance.

Comment

I get off work at 10! Let me know! Ray.

Comment

PM me your number and I'll text you when I head over there. Maybe in the next two nights. U2 is playing the Angel Stadium, which means Stox is busy! If I work I'll meet you there after, 10ish.

Comment

Ok, So I have some dates now. Unfortunatly I will be missing the July meet and will be heading that way on the 395 in august. My plan is the 395, hang in yosemite for a day, through carson and lake tahoe, then continue on crossing over the 44 to the 89 back to the 5 north. I might cross over from Yreka to the 101, going through Sawyers Bar and Forks of salmon, I lived there for over a month a few summers back. If not then I cross through grants pass over to the 101 and continue on the coast until Tillamook.

I will have a passenger with me the way there but solo on the way back.
              If anyone wants to meet up for partial ride or cruise some of the way that would be really cool!

The dates are set tentatively for August 17 leave and have to be there by the 21st.

RAY--I work tonight, want to meet at the Tartan Room at about 11:15pm?

Comment

I'll be out of town in August till the 21. I'd be interested in meeting if you come through after those dates. Did you know there is a road that goes from Happy Camp to Hwy 199 in Oregon. It's the seinic route and really dosen't take much longer. Take Hwy 96, north of Yreka and head to Happy Camp. PM if interested.

cg
                sigpic
                83 GS1100g
                2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

ROB!
                  To hell with Oregon.
                  Ride to Maine!
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-21-2011, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Sounds like the B clan is out in force!

Rob, there's tons of interesting roads in NoCal and especially OR that you should consider

You can ride lots of roads north along the Coast range and pop out a few miles from Tillamook

Some of them are here:

1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                    2007 DRz 400S
                    1999 ATK 490ES
                    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
                    X