clutch problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch problems

having problems with the clutch on my 81 suzuki GS 450 L. It seems like the clutch is engaged on. Any ideas? When it warms up it doesn't seem to be bad. It's like the clutch is engages in the half-on position...

Originally posted by 66corvair View Post
    having problems with the clutch on my 81 suzuki GS 450 L. It seems like the clutch is engaged on. Any ideas? When it warms up it doesn't seem to be bad. It's like the clutch is engages in the half-on position...
    Your oil probably needs changing. Dirty oil will make the clutche plates stick. These bikes are real picky about clean oil. You may have to do several oil changes early on to clean the sludge out of the crankcase if it's been sitting for a number of years. Most bike clutches are multi disc oil bath clutches, so even the oil you use makes a difference, see BassCliff's page that I gave you on your other thread.
    Post up a "Hi, I'm a NOOB thread in the GS owner's thread, please, tell us a bit about yourself, and we really want to see pictures of your bike! We love pictures around here!

Comment

Sometime clutch plates feels hard and due to it we feel that clutch work at half on position that sometime clutch work easily and sometime not.So check the clutch plates.

Comment

Also 450 has a clutch adjustment on side cover where shifter is. Should be a oval shaped cover with two screws, take those off and inside there is a screw with a lock nut. Loosen lock nut, turn screw in till just touches piece behind it, turn it back counterclockwise about 1/2 turn and then secure locknut while holding screw in place. Don't know if will help but sure can't hurt. terrylee

Comment

Working...
        X