!!! Winners circle thread !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!! Winners circle thread !!!

a winners thread is appropriate here in the racing dept.

I did it again Sunday at GLD!!!! My goal is to be track champion in PRO BIKE!

I have 2 wins on my bike this year!! FINALLY!! I was on a 2 year losing streak since 2009 when I bought this bike in Glendora from Larry Nelson. He is the tech guy at DYNATEK. The way they race in DIV 7 is so different than div 5,and 3 that I had to re design the engine combination and chassis to suit my brand of badass-ness.

My name in print in National Dragster is a total HOOT!!

what is the best feeling in the world???

WINNING!~! ~ duh.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Congrats, Charlie.
    Hopefully it was something other than a Suzy that you beat in the finals.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Excellent!
      Got any pic's or time cards that you could share?

Daniel

Comment

512(me) 3029 (JBix)
        9.08 dial 14.45

.097 R/T .174
        1.367 60' 1.797
        3.700 330' 5.610
        5.735 8'th 9.061

119mph 70.02mph

7.537 1000' 12.229
        9.100 qtr. 15.048
        137.13 mph 78.74 mph

I had to wait for over 5 whole seconds to take off but I caught him at 1000' and hit the brakes. easy win MOV .6534 That's over a half of a second!!

yesterday my competitor did not make it to the line in the finals so I had a free pass into the winner circle.

Sleds out number bikes up here, and the posted time ticket was a RD 350

Comment

Congrads Trippivot. It must feel great. well done sir.

Comment

many many thanks TCK

- did I mention not even a single round win in 2 years?? I really doubted why I ever wanted to buy it after I sunk thousands into lost entry fees. How Larry ever raced this thing the way it was I do not know.

gosh the ratio of work to sucess is staggering. 99% perspiration to 1% of glory. ugh, I love this sport

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
              many many thanks TCK

- did I mention not even a single round win in 2 years?? I really doubted why I ever wanted to buy it after I sunk thousands into lost entry fees. How Larry ever raced this thing the way it was I do not know.

gosh the ratio of work to sucess is staggering. 99% perspiration to 1% of glory. ugh, I love this sport
              Well...we can't all be Klemme's....

Nice job Trip...I know how good that feels...
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Good job. I never made it past four rounds at GLD the couple times a year i'd venture down there back in the '90s. I was a weekly regular at WIR from '90-'97, Up untill '94 or '95 they had no separate bike classes, went seven rounds in a box class one (i never used one) night only to break out in the final. The first time a cars chute opened up right next to me was something i'll never forget....
                Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

nhra finals are soon

Tom Klemme - my racing mentor and friend has secured a spot in the Summit Sportsman finals in Pamona,CA. Only 7 M/C riders get to compete in this event. They give you a few thousand just for traveling expenses.

he qualified earlier this year and made it for DIV 4 bracket final . he won the whole sh'bang. congratulations to Klemme Performance Motorcycle team

I learned a lot from him and I hope he wins another NHRA sportsman national championship. The wallys are stacking up at his place.

My local track does not send a team to indy for the DIV3 Great Lakes Dragpark is a dead end for motorcycle bracket racing... so next year I'm thinking about racing rte.66 in Joliet,IL for a chance to get in the show.

GLD track pro bike championship is in my pocket!! hooray number 1 in a class on 1 - whatev. they treat bikers and sleds so badly but I gave it 1 season to see if the boys were exaggerating about the place.. nope they were right on the barrel head.

Comment

Glad all the hard work paid off. Route 66 is a long ride from you, but a great track.

P.S.
                    I pulled the motor and head off the ES. Nothing out of the ordinary. I think I had the valves tight on that cylinder and thats why the compression was low...
                    Curt
                    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

super pro with crosstalk on is the way the sportsman bracket bike program shold be run. That is the way the nhra sportsman national finals are done so it pays to top bulb and crossover all season.

delay box and a slider clutch riding against a slick and bars auto shifting
                      -- That is purpose built time machine. Here to there in {X} amount of time. and the talent comes from predicting or riding? yeah success in an tough sport comes from paying dues.

88 miles one way to Joilet from my house. I may just get an I pass and just do it. There are a few guys from Milwaukee who do.

belucci = let's jazz up your transmission and get you some big carbs .. maybe some rear set pegs/controls?

do you still want a pro frame?

Comment

I took the motor apart and there is no real damage or abnormal wear. Bob who races a 7 second Suzuki is going to help me with hotter cams and a rering of the pistons since it is apart. The valve springs are squishy so he has a new set of Carter(?) Carpenter(?) springs. We are going to change the cam chain while its apart. I was thinking of an air shifter over the winter also. Depends on money... We wil talk soon.
                        Curt

Comment

LOOKS LIKE WE MADE IT!!

it's official !! the bracket season is over!!

finishing off with 150 hard earned points. I am the Bracket pro bike champion of Great Lakes Drag park.. #1 in a field of 1

Wisconson bracket racing is nearly extinct. must be too complicated and takes too much courage. I understand... now mommy wants you to go to the store for her...

good to see a GSR member at the track yesterday -- thanks for showing up and saying HI. I may be a jerk sometimes but We appreciate all the friends we can get to the track.

!!! WINNING !!! is so much better than losing.

Comment

I was watching you reel that guy in... Good job... my buddy with the car ran 7.75 at 170... I'm starting to want to try driving that car! Anyway.. See you in the spring...
                            Curt

Comment

Congrats Jeff! As Rodney used to say................"It's a tough crowd, a really tough crowd!" LOL! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                              X