I want a matching set.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a matching set.

After my last ride my IRC durotour is shagged. It's size is 110/90-17. I have a Avon RoadRider on the front and would like to match the rear. Unfortunately the closest Avon makes is a 120/80-17.
    Anyone foresee any problems? It looks like it will fit but I wanted to check here first.
    Or should I say. Has anyone done this?
    It's only 5mm on either side right? and a slightly lower profile.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-30-2011, 06:57 PM.

My 81 GS450T had a 130/80-17 on the back and it fit. I didn't like it much as it was really close to touching the sides of the swing arm and the chain guard. So close the previous owner didn't even out tire during chain adjustment causing the tire to wear uneven and caused a high speed wobble. The 120 should work, just don't go any bigger.

Comment

The problem is not so much how much clearance there is to the sidewalls, it's how wide is the rim that is supporting the tire?

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibber View Post
          My 81 GS450T had a 130/80-17 on the back and it fit. I didn't like it much as it was really close to touching the sides of the swing arm and the chain guard. So close the previous owner didn't even out tire during chain adjustment causing the tire to wear uneven and caused a high speed wobble. The 120 should work, just don't go any bigger.
          was the difference in profile that noticeable front to back? between the 90 and 80. assuming you had the 90/90-19 up front.

Comment

Working...
          X