GS450 Clutch Spring Spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450 Clutch Spring Spec

Can anyone speak to the specs on the clutch springs?
    It was suggested I check them for wear, but what length is acceptable?
    Also what do I need to check out if anything for the clutch plates etc? I assume I just remove the 6 springs and then I can get the plates and fiber gaskets out, is there a measurement I need to check? I assume they are in a specific order?
    There hasn't really been any issues, this is preventative check stuff.
    Thanks!

I have manual for 450T it has length springs should be and thickness of plates. I can get those for you in the morning. I would suggest replacing the springs, they're cheap enough, and still available oem. terrylee

Comment

Originally posted by terrylee View Post
      I have manual for 450T it has length springs should be and thickness of plates. I can get those for you in the morning. I would suggest replacing the springs, they're cheap enough, and still available oem. terrylee
      Haha, how sad is that. I've been spending so much time on here that I almost forgot I have an actual manual.
      I looked up the info in the manual and the springs are just at the end of the service limit so I guess that's on my to-do list now as well.
      Are the drive and driven plates all supposed to be different lengths on the 450? Also what is the drive plate claw? are those the 'teeth' looking things all around the edges?
      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X